Choppy Video and init.d script failure

-DK-
2005-10-31
2013-05-30
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-04

Sorry for the delayed response.

I tried to make and make install the package that Jason sent, however I get an error and I just have no idea how to fix it. Here is that message:

-----------------
    make[1]: Entering directory `/root/libupnp-1.2.1a/ixml'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/root/libupnp-1.2.1a/ixml/src'
    gcc -Wall -I./ -I../inc -I../../pil/inc -fPIC -c -Wall -Os -DNDEBUG -I. -I../inc -Iinc -c ixml.c -o obj/ixml.o
    In file included from inc/ixmlmembuf.h:36,
                     from ixml.c:32:
    ../inc/ixml.h:298: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
    gcc -Wall -I./ -I../inc -I../../pil/inc -fPIC -c -Wall -Os -DNDEBUG -I. -I../inc -Iinc -c node.c -o obj/node.o
    In file included from inc/ixmlparser.h:35,
                     from node.c:32:
    node.c:364: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
    gcc -Wall -I./ -I../inc -I../../pil/inc -fPIC -c -Wall -Os -DNDEBUG -I. -I../inc -Iinc -c ixmlparser.c -o obj/ixmlparser.o
                     from ixmlparser.c:33:
    gcc -Wall -I./ -I../inc -I../../pil/inc -fPIC -c -Wall -Os -DNDEBUG -I. -I../inc -Iinc -c ixmlmembuf.c -o obj/ixmlmembuf.o
    In file included from inc/ixmlmembuf.h:36,
                     from ixmlmembuf.c:35:
    gcc -Wall -I./ -I../inc -I../../pil/inc -fPIC -c -Wall -Os -DNDEBUG -I. -I../inc -Iinc -c nodeList.c -o obj/nodeList.o
                     from nodeList.c:32:
    gcc -Wall -I./ -I../inc -I../../pil/inc -fPIC -c -Wall -Os -DNDEBUG -I. -I../inc -Iinc -c element.c -o obj/element.o
                     from element.c:32:
    element.c: In function ixmlElement_removeAttributeNode:
    element.c:457: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
    element.c:458: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
    element.c:459: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
    make[2]: *** [obj/element.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/libupnp-1.2.1a/ixml/src'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/libupnp-1.2.1a/ixml'
    make: *** [upnp] Error 2
    ---------------------------

I am a real newcomer to this end of managing the operating system, so I just don't know what the problem is.

Also, I have not been able to uninstall the current installed files... due to dependencies... I was hoping that there was a force option for uninstallation.

Thanks in advance if you can help,

DK

• Jin

Jin - 2005-11-05

Which files could you not uninstall? The rpm package?
    (you could use rpm -e libupnp --nodeps)

as for the error, yes.. on FC4 I get the same, on FC3 it compiles - different GCC versions.

edit element.c and change this (in lines 457, 458 and 459)
    ( IXML_Attr * ) attrNode->parentNode = NULL;
    ( IXML_Attr * ) attrNode->prevSibling = NULL;
    ( IXML_Attr * ) attrNode->nextSibling = NULL;

to this:

attrNode->parentNode = NULL;
    attrNode->prevSibling = NULL;
    attrNode->nextSibling = NULL;

I do not have an FC4 box right now, but I think that should do the trick.

Don't give up! :)
    Jin

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-05

Ah I'll give that a shot and see how it works.

Thanks for the tips :)

DK

PS. FC4 is what I'm using.

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-05

Okay here's my experience so far...

I uninstalled the RPM and made the recommended changes to element.c then followed the instructions for the make.

The server started fine, but the webpage could not load any longer. I'm assuming that the connection to the DB was broken and not going to work anymore. So I uninstalled the patched libupnp files and reinstalled the RPM and everything worked again, however I still got the choppy playback (assuming because now everything was back to the start).

So I'm not certain on how to overcome this problem.

Any suggestions?

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-05

Oh and the error I am getting in the web browser is: 404 Not Found

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-05

Here is what the logs are saying:

--------------------------------

2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: ======== MediaTomb UPnP Server version 0.8.1 ========
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Loading configuration from /etc/mediatomb/config.xml
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Loading configuration from: /etc/mediatomb/config.xml
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Checking configuration...
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /server/servedir using default value:
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /import/metadata-charset using default value: ISO-8859-1
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: checking ip..
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /server/ip using default value:
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /server/bookmark using default value: mediatomb.html
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /server/port using default value: 0
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /server/alive using default value: 180
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Config: option not found: /import/magic-file using default value:
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Configuration check succeeded.
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Initialized port: 49152
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: Server bound to: 192.168.0.101
    2005-10-04 19:32:28 INFO: upnp_init: webroot: /usr/share/mediatomb/web
    2005-10-04 19:33:08 INFO: web_get_info(): Exception during callback: Unknown page: login/index.html
    Exception: Unknown page: login/index.html
    _STRACE_ 0 mediatomb [0x806fdf7]
    _STRACE_ 1 mediatomb [0x806d27c]
    _STRACE_ 2 mediatomb [0x8062298]
    _STRACE_ 3 mediatomb [0x806288e]
    _STRACE_ 4 /usr/lib/libupnp.so(web_server_callback+0x272) [0x21bedd]
    _STRACE_ 5 /usr/lib/libupnp.so [0x2151ca]
    _STRACE_ 6 /usr/lib/libthreadutil.so [0x1ace73]
    _STRACE_ 7 /lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libpthread.so.0 [0x5cbc96]
    _STRACE_ 8 /lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libc.so.6(__clone+0x5a) [0x3da60a]
    2005-10-04 19:33:08 INFO: web_get_info(): Exception during callback: Unknown page: acct/index.html
    Exception: Unknown page: acct/index.html
    _STRACE_ 0 mediatomb [0x806fdf7]
    _STRACE_ 1 mediatomb [0x806d27c]
    _STRACE_ 2 mediatomb [0x8062298]
    _STRACE_ 3 mediatomb [0x806288e]
    _STRACE_ 4 /usr/lib/libupnp.so(web_server_callback+0x272) [0x21bedd]
    _STRACE_ 5 /usr/lib/libupnp.so [0x2151ca]
    _STRACE_ 6 /usr/lib/libthreadutil.so [0x1ace73]
    _STRACE_ 7 /lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libpthread.so.0 [0x5cbc96]
    _STRACE_ 8 /lib/obsolete/linuxthreads/libc.so.6(__clone+0x5a) [0x3da60a]
    ---------------------

Definately something not quite right here...

• Jin

Jin - 2005-11-05

That's really strange indeed... The errors that you get from MediaTomb are related to the SDK, something goes wrong during initialization.

I am looking at the whole thing right now, I'll play around and do a few tests; I will then make an RPM and give you the URL to test it.

I'll come back to you within 1-2 hours... stay tuned :)
    Jin

• Jin

Jin - 2005-11-05

OK, here we go!

http://www.deadlock.dhs.org/jin/libupnp-1.2.1a_DSM320-1.i386.rpm
    http://www.deadlock.dhs.org/jin/libupnp-devel-1.2.1a_DSM320-1.i386.rpm
    http://www.deadlock.dhs.org/jin/libupnp-1.2.1a_DSM320-1.src.rpm

Please check if this works and if it solves the DSM320 problem. I would also ask you to try the following:
    rpmbuild -bb libupnp-1.2.1a_DSM320-1.src.rpm

Please check if it compiles properly and if the resulting binary RPM packages are being created. Also check the functionality (I just want to make sure that it also compiles on FC4)

Some information on what I did:
    Allthough Jason's approach would work, I decieded to make a configurable solution (who knows what other user agent strings may be requried in the future?)

in httpreadwrite.c, function http_MakeMessage now has an additonal 'X' parameter with one argument, which adds a "X-User-Agent: argument" string to the HTTP header.
    The value for the X-User-Agent: string can be configured in config.h (the X_USER_AGENT define).

So in case anyone needs a different X-User-Agent: header, just change the define in config.h and recompile

DK: please tell me your results, Jason, if you have time maybe you could also take a look?
    If you guys can confirm that this libupnp patches solve the DSM320 problem I will upload them to our SourceForge page and make an announcement.

Thanks for your support,
    Jin

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-06

I could not compile the src RPM... here was the error:

error: File /root/rpmlib/libupnp-1.2.1a_DSM320-1.src.rpm does not appear to be a s pecfile.

I'm going to try to install the other RPMs now...

• Jin

Jin - 2005-11-06

oh crap, that is my mistake!
    the command is rpmbuild --rebuild and not -bb,sorry :)
    was writing in a hurry and mixed it up... what about the binary package, did you try it? did it work?

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-06

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I changed the command line for the build and it compiles with no problem.

However, with the freshly compiled binaries or the news ones that I downloaded from here in this thread, I can not access the shared media folder at all on the 320.

I get the error: "Unable to open that folder". So i checked the permissions on the directory and everything is fine there. But when I revert to the old version of the files, I can navigate through the directory structure just fine.

With the new binaries though I can access the database just fine and I can add and remove files from it.

To fix the issue I even tried reinstalling the mediatomb package but that didn't help either.

Hope that is adequate feedback.

Cheers!

DK

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-06

I'm heading out for a little bit here so I'll try those when I get home :)

Thanks for being so diligent on this!

DK

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-07

I just got back here, but I can't download the files you have posted... are the links correct?

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-07

Good news :)

The new RPMs work perfectly. I figured out the error in the link that you posted and got the 2nd set. Everything is golden now. I'm doing some long play testing right now and everything looks good.

It is having difficulty with a few different files but thats more of a file type support thing I think. The playback on files it supports is great :)

I'll start another thread in the morning about little things that I've found with it.

Other than that everything is great and the files should be posted.

Cheers!

DK

• Jin

Jin - 2005-11-07

Oops, I knew I would mess something up! This I messed up the links :)

Anyway, nice to hear that everything is working! I will
    release the files now. Thanks a lot for your feedback and for testing!

Greetings,
    Jin

• jason

jason - 2005-11-10

Hi Jin,

I just try the new libupnp patch. And I find you stripe out the KEEP-ALIVE code, which means every HTTP transaction will need connect/disconnect again and again, which is not efficient and smooth for media streaming.

Since DSM-320 support KEEP-ALIVE, I think it is better to support that in libupnp.

• Jin

Jin - 2005-11-10

oops, I was not aware that you added that as well, so I guess I did not search for it in the version you sent me. Just looked for "redsonic"...  Thanks for pointing this out.. your KEEP-ALIVE code is not DSM320 specific, right?

If keep alive is not used, I wonder what exactly changed in DSM's behaviour when introducing the redsonic header, DK said that the playback problems disappeared.

Anyway, I will take a look at it and update the packages, thanks again!

Jin

• jason

jason - 2005-11-10

I do notice my Keep-Alive code does not work with MS IE, like dk found. So maybe you can help to find why.

• -DK-

-DK- - 2005-11-10

I do not use Microsoft Internet Explorer at all... if that is what you meant by MS IE. I use Firefox but that is outside of the scope of this particular problem.

I think that the choppy playback is fixed but not having the keep-alive code is the source of my problem in the other thread I have about the "File not supported" thread.

I would be happy to add the keep-alive code if you need me to I just need to know where the to add it and what exactly I need to add.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)