Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Where to find faster import.js scripts?

James H
2010-03-15
2013-05-30
  • James H
    James H
    2010-03-15

I've seen a few posts where people have mentioned they obtained other scripts but they don't say where from. I've looked at the scripting wiki and it has a few examples but not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for an import script that is very basic, I don't even know if it would have to get any meta data at all. I'm running mediatomb on my NAS, when looking stuff up on my PS3 I just use the "PC Directory" option and navigate to the folder I want, I never use the "audio" or "video" options which I'm assuming is where all of this extra meta info comes in.

Because of the fact I'm running this on my NAS I've got very little CPU power to play with and if I add a discography of some artist to my music folder it takes about 1 week to process it all (case in point was 18 albums of mp3's).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• James H
    James H
    2010-03-15

I'm sorry if this seems like a cross post, I had also replied to a similar thread but thought my question was different to warrant another thread (to avoid hijacking). Hopefully this doesn't upset any admins and if it does just tell me what I need to do to fix the situation.

• airflow
    airflow
    2010-04-19

I think what you need is to set

<virtual-layout type="disabled">

in your config.xml to achieve your goal.

Regards,
    airflow

• Anonymous
    2010-04-19

I've just given that a try, it still seems to be doing a lot of extra work though. So far the scan has been running for 25min even though it looks like all the files are showing up on the web gui (using PC_Directory method). I have the script piping the output to a log file and I'm still getting a lot of stuff like this:

2010-04-19 18:50:46   ERROR: iconv: Wagner_ Die Walküre - The Ride Of The Valkyries.mp3 could not be converted to new encoding: invalid character sequence!
    2010-04-19 18:51:12 WARNING: filemagic returned invalid mimetype for /usb/sdb1/media/Music/Coldplay/The Best of ''Coldplay''/Thumbs.db
    \012- application/msword
    TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() - Invalid sample rate.

Does it really need to know all of this stuff about the files? I'm not asking it to decode the files, merely serve them to my PS3, or maybe I'm mistaken and it is decoding them as it streams them?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks again airflow for the comment & help

• Anonymous
    2010-04-20

Ok maybe I jumped the gun, it appears to have finished scanning with a total time of 29 min. Quite a bit better than the 5 or 6 DAYS I was experiencing before.

My question regarding the testlog output still remains though, I'm not sure why it is needing info about sample rates etc.

Thanks,
    JPH

• airflow
    airflow
    2010-04-20

Well, the first two errors are ok as far as I can comment. Iconv complains about character encoding of the filename itself, not the content. The MIME-Type (error message 2) has to be determined, because the UPnP-Standard demands it. I don't know about the "Invalid sample rate" stuff, though. I would expect taglib not to be used in this case. Does it happen when scanning or when playing a file? Do you have actual problems or does it work fine otherwise?