Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

database storage questions

jason
2005-11-10
2013-05-30
  • jason
    jason
    2005-11-10

I want to try the latest 0.8.1 mediatomb. But I have some questions because I want to try something in mediatomb:

1. how to add a new media file into the database storage
    2. how to remove a existed media file from the database storage
    3. how to update(or refresh) a existed media file info in the database storage

from the programmer viewpoint, I mean.

Thanks ahead

• Jin
      Jin
      2005-11-10

I would like Gena to answer this question in detail - he wrote the whole storage/database interface, he will reply as soon as he can.

For now I can point you to content_manager.h - this module provides the interface for removing and adding data.
      You can also find some examples in the src/web directory - since it is possible to add and remove items via the web interface you will find the neccessary code there.

I assume you want to get a go at an automatic rescan feature? :) We have some thoughts about it and plan to implement it for the next release, but of course you can hack something if you do not want to wait :)

I'll trigger Gena, he is quite busy lately but I hope he will find some time to come back to you.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• jason
        jason
        2005-11-10

Thanks for your reply

I just want some functions like:

addFile("/dir1/dir2/music1.mp3")
        removeFile("/dir1/dir2/music2.mp3")
        refreshFile("/dir1/dir2/music3.mp3")
        refreshDir("/dir1")

So It will be very easy to manage the file database, I think.