feature request: audit log

airflow
2010-05-26
2013-05-30
  • airflow
    airflow
    2010-05-26

Hi,

I'm not happy with the logging capabilities of mediatomb. I'd like to have a log which shows the tracks that were requested and played. As far as I understand, this is not possible right now. The log doesn't contain this information. If you switch "debug" on, it's a lot more information than I need. What do you think of this?

Kind Regards,
    airflow

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-06-03

It was also kind of planned, but you know… too much stuff to do :) If you come up with a patch I'll take it/help you.

• airflow
    airflow
    2010-06-07

Well, I have to say I'm not that good coder (once upon a time I was into it), and my time is also very limited right now. I understand of course that there are certain feature which are just low priority and therefore not going to be implemented soon. What's your strategy of priorization on this - personal interest or demand from the community? Well even if it's demand of the community, it won't happen - nobody else participated in this thread… ;) Should I create a feature-request with low priority in the tracker-tool or do you prefer to let the idea rest here in the forum? :)

Kind Regards,
    airflow

• Jin
    Jin
    2010-06-09

I think you listed the priorities well, it's personal interest (why else would we code this whole thing otherwise?) and demand from the community (but this has certain limits, see the Xbox 360 thread) ;)

Please do create a feature request, this way it will not get lost.

Kind regards,
    Jin