File info not showing correctly

-DK-
2005-11-09
2013-05-30
  • -DK-
    -DK-
    2005-11-09

When I press the display button the file information does not get displayed for the file.

It shows a "-1" for bitrate and does not show the resolution of the file at all. Sometimes it doesn't show the proper time length of the file either.

Wondering if there is a configuration option that I might have missed.

• Jin
      Jin
      2005-11-10

I assume that you are talking about video files...
      This is related to metadata parsing.

For Video files the maximum that is implemented and could be parsed at this time is resolution and Artist/Album/Genre/Description/Date/Title fiels; however that would only work if you recompile MediaTomb with libextractor enabled. The reason why libextractor is disabled by default is that from our experience it parses videofiles very slowly; that means that import time will be dramatically increased.

We plan to look into that, either try to improve the libextractor code that is responsible for videofile parsing, or to find alternatives, however, right now this is not a top priority :)

Let me know if you want to try to recompile MediaTomb with libextractor enabled and need help.

Jin

• -DK-
      -DK-
      2005-11-10

Well I don't really want to slow down the process at all (it's fast now and I like it that way :) ). I'll wait for this one to come along as a feature later on.

Thanks for the response :)