Pasp, clap and tapt, clean aperture

Help
2014-04-03
2014-04-03
  • Kevin Wells
    Kevin Wells
    2014-04-03

I have a question regarding pasp, clap and tapt, clean aperture. I currently use a programme called JES Extensifier to view these settings in a quicktime mov file. Getting all the readout of the quicktime mov from mediainfo, I am finding it hard tell these settings. Could you advise please?
    Kind regards

• pasp

PixelAspectRatio field (pasp is transformed to a float value)

clap

This one is currently not well handled in MediaInfo
    When clap is present, Width/Height fields contain clap values and Width_Original/Height_Original contain stored width/height.
    this may change in the future.

tapt

currently, I put them here:
    tapt/clef is saved in hidden fields cleanApertureWidth/cleanApertureHeight
    tapt/prof is saved in hidden fields productionApertureWidth/productionApertureHeight
    tapt/enof is saved in hidden fields encodedApertureWidth/encodedApertureHeight
    this may change in the future.

For displaying hidden fields, "advanced mode" in GUI/Debug menu, " -f" with CLI, MediaInfo::Option("Complete", "1") with DLL.

• Kevin Wells
    Kevin Wells
    2014-04-03

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Q1: So if the file contains clap, then original width and original height info will display, if no clap present, then these will not be shown?

Q2: Using the CLI version on OSX with command mediainfo --Full , -f videofile.mov I can't see any Aperture info at all, what am I doing wrong?

Q3: what is the 'MediaInfo::Option("Complete", "1") with DLL.' option?

• So if the file contains clap, then original width and original height info will display, if no clap present, then these will not be shown?

Right.

Using the CLI version on OSX with command mediainfo --Full , -f videofile.mov I can't see any Aperture info at all, what am I doing wrong?

Crap.
    My fault, I was reading the source code of a branch I did not yet release.
    So such behavior is planned, but not yet in the official release.
    will come soon (not in upcoming 0.7.67, it is already frozen)

what is the 'MediaInfo::Option("Complete", "1") with DLL.' option?

DLL = Dynamic Link Library, .dylib on Mac
    If you don't know what is a .dylib, discard this part.