Help
Marc
2013-01-03
2013-01-24
  • Marc
    Marc
    2013-01-03

Me again!

I have a program which uses MediaInfo to get data from media files, optionally direct or via a file access library which works with a buffer. I have noticed a couple of files which open fine in .Open(file) and not properly (no streams found) using the buffer functions.

At first I was going by the web site which checks for 0 as the return value to stop pushing, but I ran a few tests. With some files, I found that once the value returned was (the equivalent of) 5 I would successfully load some mp3 files that I previously didn't load. I have also run some tests where I simply ignore the return and push everything until I run out of file, watching the return value.

Even yet I have an .mp4 file which will load properly with the direct Open call but not the buffer calls. Can I send this file to you via FTP?

Thanks,
    Marc

Code follows for the open function:
    :::C++

size_t return_code = 0;
        if (!m_usingAccessLibrary)
        {
            return_code = mi.Open(filename);
        }
        else
        {
            mi.Option(_T("File_IsSeekable"), _T("0"));

size_t fileSize = (m_openProc)(m_Utils.utf16ToUtf8(filename).c_str(), m_bufferSize, buffer);
            mi.Open_Buffer_Init(fileSize, 0);
            size_t readSize;
            do
            {
                readSize = (m_readProc)(*buffer, m_bufferSize);

size_t bufferPushReturn = mi.Open_Buffer_Continue(*buffer, readSize);
                //fprintf(stderr, "size: %lu ret: %lu\n", readSize, bufferPushReturn);

// 5 = size_t representation of bitfield saying it has enough data
                if (bufferPushReturn >= 5)
                {
                    readSize = 0;
                }

} while (readSize > 0);

mi.Open_Buffer_Finalize();

return_code = 1;

}

return return_code;

• Marc
    Marc
    2013-01-03

Here is the file in question. Not too large.

• Marc
    Marc
    2013-01-10

Hello,

Have you had a chance to look into this? I can provide any other information you need.

Thanks,
    Marc

• Marc
    Marc
    2013-01-18

Hello,

Should I file this as a bug report?

Thanks,
    Marc

• Sorry for the late answer.
    I replied on your bug ticket.