Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

MediaInfo 0.7.66 Mac App Store

Help
Alain
2014-01-10
2014-01-11
  • Alain
    Alain
    2014-01-10

Hi,

Running OS X 10.9.1

I upgraded yesterday from version 0.7.63 to 0.7.66 on the Mac App Store. Since I upgraded all attemps to open a media file result in « Error » « Can not open file(s) ». Never had the problem before for any version of the Mac App store either using MediaInfo on Lion or Mavericks.

I deleted MediaInfo, reinstalled same problem.

Regards.

Alain.

• houdini2
    houdini2
    2014-01-10

Hi,

Running MediaInfo 0.7.66 (Mac App Store) on OS X 10.9.1 as well. No problem to open files. I think it is related to diacritics in file names. Removing them allows to solve this problem.

Laurent

• I think it is related to diacritics in file names. Removing them allows to solve this problem.

OK, I see, it is only with diacritics in file names. I confirm it was working with 0.7.63 and it does not work anymore with 0.7.66. Weird, I changed nothing about file name handling.
    I check.

• Alain
    Alain
    2014-01-10

Hi,

I tried a few things. A file named: "Vue du Jardin.mov" would not open (It was created under OS X 10.7.5). I copied the file to another location and renamed it "abc.mov" and it opened but unless I am wrong there is no diacritics in the original file name. I renamed it back to its original name i.e. "Vue de Jardin.mov" (Running OS X 10.9.1) and the very same name worked.

I "renamed" (under OS X 10.9.1) a few files created under OS X 10.7.5 to their exact original names, and those files that did not open with the filename created under OS X 10.7.5 then opened with no problem.

Hope that helps.

Alain.

• Alain
    Alain
    2014-01-10

Hi,

tried one more thing. A long filename "TA 20140109 134129-135300 (H-Coiffeur Sciez)[DI].mp4" created yesterday on OS X 10.9.1, I renamed to "abc.mp4" and I got the error message.

Alain.

• Alain
    Alain
    2014-01-10

Hi,

I have found that as Laurent mentioned it, it has to do with diacritics. Having a French machine my video directory is not called "videos" but "vidéos". Anything under that directory will generate a "can not open file(s)". If any directory in the path of the file or the file itself has a diacritics it will generate the error. I temporarily renamed my "vidéos" directory to "videos" and all the files would open correctly unless they have a diacritics in their filename. I also tried the same thing on my music directory in which some French singers or their song title may have a diacritics. All those with a diacritics will generate an error, all those without will open fine.

Something I noticed which I don't know if it is right or not. Under MediaInfo 0.7.63 on OS X 10.7.5 there are 4 files under ~/library/preferences : net.mediaarea.mediainfo.mac.LSSharedFileList.plist,
    net.mediaarea.mediainfo.mac.plist
    and their lockfile equivalent.

None of those files are present on OS X 10.9.1

I am no expert I just thought I would mention it.

Alain.

• I found the issue in my code due to a small change impacting only Mac App Store version and I did not see it :(.
    New version 0.7.67 is "Waiting For Review" from Apple.

• Alain
    Alain
    2014-01-10

Thanks Jerome, looking forward for that version.

Regards.

Alain.

• Alain
    Alain
    2014-01-11

Hi Jerome,

upgraded to MediaInfo 0.7.67, it is working fine. Thanks. I am amazed at the speed it was made available on the Mac App store.

Regards.

Alain.

• I am amazed at the speed it was made available on the Mac App store.

Usually, validation from Apple takes more than week, but the 2 last shots took only few hours, yes it was quick!
    And I am not alone having quick validation, stats are there.