Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

InfoTip Customization

Help
Laura
2012-12-29
2013-01-02
  • Laura
    Laura
    2012-12-29

Sorry for diturb, but i'm proving from different time to obtain a custom InfoTip,
    that shows into Windows Explorer when i move mouse over AVI files only fields that i have choosed and will be good thing that is possible to use one ore more line feed break to separate Video Informations to Audio Informations. Is possible this ??

Thanks

• Laura
    Laura
    2012-12-29

Till I used Windows XP & Windows 2000
    i have used abcAVI InfoTip, but now i have Win7 64 bit and it is not compatible.

The old programs shows me (for my personal opinion) a very good
    InfoTip and i'm looking for on WEB a program that permit me the same thing
    or permit me to customize the field showed.

I have attached a picture of my old InfoTip

Attachments
  • There is already a ticket for this request:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/mediainfo/feature-requests/298/

Unfortunately, currently the status remains the same (for me, the main developper, but anybody is welcome to send a patch).

• Laura
    Laura
    2012-12-31

Unfotunately i'm not a programmer. :-(
    I am only a user and i can't write any code to help community adding this function, that is very useful in my opinion.
    I hope that in this forum there are other people that can realize some patch
    to do this.
    Thanks for your patience.

• Laura
    Laura
    2012-12-31

To Jerome: Have a suggestion to give me for this discover:

I have discovered that my old InfoTip "abcAVI InfoTip" that normally don't run under Win7 x64 If i open program "VirtualDUBMod" and i search an AVI file into my hard disk in order to load it using its GUI, when i point the file with mouse abcAVI ToolTip is showed correctly as under WinXP and Win2k!

Why in this mode is showed (Through window of VirtualDUB) and not directly through Windows Explorer ??
    Have any idea to suggest me??

Sorry if i disturb you again, but in my opinion is only a particular that don't permit explorer to run correctly in order to show InfoTip,
    and VirtualDubMOD GUI correct in some mode this problem.

Thanks again

• Why in this mode is showed (Through window of VirtualDUB) and not directly through Windows Explorer ??

Not really MediaInfo related ;-).
    VirtualDUBMod is 32-bit, so the running space is 32-bit. "abcAVI InfoTip" is 32-bit, so it is displayed in this 32-bit running space (when you open a file).
    The Windows explorer runs in 64-bit, and in that case, your "abcAVI InfoTip" is not 64-bit, so it can not be executed. It is a problem I also have with MediaInfo tooltip (the opposite problem: 64-bit MediaInfo tooltip is not run with 32-bit programs)

• Laura
    Laura
    2013-01-02

Thank you very much Jerome for your answer to my personal question.
    Sorry for off-topics question.

Best Regards