Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

how to get Color Primaries without calling Inform?

Help
2013-01-18
2013-01-23
  • isometric13
    isometric13
    2013-01-18

First of all thanks for the great library.

A call to Inform returns data labelled 'Color Primaries'.
    I used mediainfo --Info-Parameters to get the list of parameters but I don't see one that can be used to get the value. Is there a way to get color primaries data directly by parameter name?

I am developing on mac using dll version 0.7.61 and will deploy to red hat linux
    and using a jna wrapper to extract data only for the parameters I need.

Thanks!

• This paramater is not yet in the list of known field names.
    You can access to it with MediaInfo::Get(Stream_Video, x, "colour_primaries").
    You can access the the name of each field with command line "mediainfo --Lang=raw"

• isometric13
      isometric13
      2013-01-22

Thank you very much for your response.
      I was able to get the value for color primaries by parameter name - so thanks for that!

Just FYI
      When I try to see the name of each field on the command line, mediainfo balks:
      % mediainfo --Lang=raw Usage: "MediaInfo [-Options...] FileName1 [Filename2...]" "MediaInfo --Help" for displaying more information
      % mediainfo --Language=raw Usage: "MediaInfo [-Options...] FileName1 [Filename2...]" "MediaInfo --Help" for displaying more information

maybe I am doing something wrong?
      Thanks!

Last edit: isometric13 2013-01-22
      • argh, it is --Language=raw
        But you also need to provide the file name of the file you want to analyze ;-)
        "mediainfo --Language=raw YourFileName"

• isometric13
    isometric13
    2013-01-23

FTW! That's a great tip and will come in handy for my project.
    Thanks for all your help!