Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Some questions about audio

Help
Gjiod
2012-05-18
2012-12-11
  • Gjiod
    Gjiod
    2012-05-18

Hello, is it possible in Mediainfo to release the information about quantity of tracks and tracklist?

• What is the problem with the default output?
    You have such information in the default output…

• Gjiod
    Gjiod
    2012-05-18

zenitram, how? Please help me, I'm noob in Mediainfo
    And is it possible to output infromation about CD rip (image or tracks, cue or without it, log or no)?

• With the graphical interface: launch MediaInfo, open the file you want to analyze
    wIth the command line: "mediainfo YourFileToAnalyze"

• Gjiod
    Gjiod
    2012-05-18

I know about it, but there isn't any useful information for me (quantity of tracks, tracklist, total size etc)
    Proof: http://gyazo.com/e5263273f8c923714602d863514fed4a

• You have the quantity of tracks, the track list…
    You have the count of tracks per file (in the case of .mp3, allways 1 actually), the track list (in the case of .mp3, allways a list with 1 track actually). Total size per file includes referenced files (in case of MXF, MOV… referencing external files).

When you speak of "track", do you mean a file? A file is not a track, a track is not a file, a file can contain several tracks.
    If you think about total = sum of tracks of all files you are analyzing, and total size = size of all files you are analyzing, this kind of summary is not yet available. Currently, MediaInfo is focused on files, not a complete directory with stats. You can do it yourself with some programming (there is a DLL available) or scripting, it is not a priority on my side (the main developper) to provide such display.

• Gjiod
    Gjiod
    2012-05-18

If you think about total = sum of tracks of all files you are analyzing, and total size = size of all files you are analyzing,

exactly
    It's a pity that these functions dont available now
    Unfortunately I dont know about programming or scripting :(