Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Media info cannot open files it previously could

Help
2013-08-24
2013-08-26
  • Frankster K.
    Frankster K.
    2013-08-24

In my experience Mediainfo has always been a bit buggy in that maybe 10% of the time it would not open a video file on the first try, but then on the second or in very rare cases on the third try it would work. However now it no longer opens any video file it previously could open no matter how many times I try. I thought my installation may have become corrupted so I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the problem persists. Does anyone have any idea what this might be due to? Thanks.

• I can only say that MediaInfo runs on thousands of machines, with millions of files, without missing one file it is authorized to open (Wifi unavailability, broken HDD or wrong permissions are out of the scope), with only one try per file.
    from my point of view, something is specific to this machine/configuration. There is currently no automatic report about issues, so investigations are manual (not in free support from the main developer).