How to use the option --Ssh_IgnoreSecurity ?

Help
mxiaoai
2013-08-20
2013-08-21
  • mxiaoai
    mxiaoai
    2013-08-20

I'm trying to get result from files(.ts) in remote server.
    I used CLI:
    [root@localhost PythonTest]# mediainfo root@10.2.17.245:/mnt/vg/vg_lv1/IMPORT/20130814/IMPORT_0d6e5508-0439-11e3-bd86-0019b9bb4fcc/testuuidIMPORT_0d6e5508-0439-11e3-bd86-0019b9bb4fcc-testuuid.ts
    [root@localhost PythonTest]#

But there is no outcome at all. Besides, my path is correct. And I can ssh to the remote server(with password).
    I will try any methods to get information from files in remote server(linux) except for copying from remote to locale.
    Thanks in advance for any help with this :o)

Last edit: mxiaoai 2013-08-20
  • SFTP support is basic in the current code (this is still a 0.x version ;-) ), without error messages :(.

First: are you using a version of MediaInfo with libcurl+SSH support? (MediaInfo must be compiled with libcurl support and libcurl must be compiled with SSH support). Unfortunately, there is no method to know the compilaton options of MediaInfo (the help is provided whatever are the compilation options), you need to know it (e.g. selfmade compilation...). If you compile yourself, you only need to install curl development package on the machine, the lib will be automaticaly detected.
    Second: your URL is wrong, you don't provide the protocol (how can MediaInfo know it?). Prepend with "sftp:". You say "(with password)", so no keyfile, in that case you need to provide it at the command line (interactive mode is not implemented)
    About the security: just add " --Ssh_IgnoreSecurity" to the command line.

• mxiaoai
      mxiaoai
      2013-08-20

Thank you very much ;-).

And I wonder whether there is a Samba protocol support?
      If I compile the source in 64-bit CentOS, is there some document?

;-)

• And I wonder whether there is a Samba protocol support?

I don't understand. I know Samba as a piece of software, implementing the Windows file system interface for Windows OS. I don't know it as a URL to access. Usually, Windows. Do you speak about SMB? Usually there is a layer between a Linux and a SMB share, so sobody thought to do something about it and use the classic file name.

If I compile the source in 64-bit CentOS, is there some document?

Currently, there is definitely a big lack of document, due to too many things to do elsewhere in the project.
        Quick and dirty:
        Install curl development
        download the "CLI from source all in one" package
        Run the script
        during the ./configure of /MediaInfoLib part, there is an information about libcurl support.

• mxiaoai
          mxiaoai
          2013-08-20

Sorry, I mean SMB protocol. I prefer to access the Shared file system on the server. So can I use some path just like "smb://root:pwd@host..."?
          Because if I mount the SMB share, when the network break down, any process that use the files in SMB share will be in the state of uninterruptible sleep.

• So can I use some path just like "smb://root:pwd@host..."?

Currently, this is not implemented. Nobody requested it before ;-).
            Please add a feature request.

The currently implemented protocols (with the availability we discussed above) are HTTP(S) FTP(S) SFTP (via libcurl), MMS MMSH (via libmms).

Warning: I don't use to discuss publicly about this feature, because I am aware that it is not easy to use with the current code. This is currently used by people knowing well how to configure and integrate MediaInfo (including me when I worked for some specific clients). I did not spend time about making it usable by everybody. Be aware this is something uneasy to configure.

• mxiaoai
              mxiaoai
              2013-08-21

Thanks a lot ;-)
              I'll try some other ways.