Menu

total duration of multiple clips anyone?

2014-02-24
2014-02-26
  • Sergey Kasparoff

Hi. I've tested free version of MediaInfo and it looks like i can't see the total duration time of multiple clips in MediaInfo app, can I?
    When i load the folder with clips it shows only the first clip, then i must choose the second clip in roll-out button (or how it calls), but i can't see the list of clips with total playtime.
    Tell me, please, is the same thing in full version? I was hoping this app can shows the total duration of all clips in folder.

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2014-02-24

I've tested free version of MediaInfo and it looks like i can't see the total duration time of multiple clips in MediaInfo app, can I?

No

is the same thing in full version?

Yes. "Full version" is not a lot different, it is more a "thank you" than a different software with tons of other features.

I was hoping this app can shows the total duration of all clips in folder.

It is on the ToDo-list, but not currently a priority for the main developer (sponsored features have priority).

• Sergey Kasparoff

Thanks for clarification that. Tell me please, what is "sponsored features" and can I as a user go for it or it's expensive?

I'm not a software developer but as i see the "feature_of_my_wish" is so simple that it takes only half page of coding if not less. I think it could be done even in AppleScript or Automator, because the Finder already knows the duration of each clip!

Last edit: Sergey Kasparoff 2014-02-25
      • Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2014-02-26

what is "sponsored features" and can I as a user go for it or it's expensive?

People wanting the feature pay a developer to implement it.
        Price depends of the wanted priority compared to the priority of other people, if you are not a professional the price may be considered as very expensive.

I'm not a software developer but as i see the "feature_of_my_wish" is so simple that it takes only half page of coding if not less.

The problem is not to implement the feature, the problem is to have it maintainable in a long term view, in parallel with all other requests.

I think it could be done even in AppleScript or Automator,

This is the reason most people implement their own method:
        - It is not difficult (it is Open-Source, there is a DLL interface)
        - It is easier to implement one specific request for 1 person specifically rather than taking in consideration the impact on hundreds of thousands users.

In your case, it may be a lot less expensive to develop (or pay a developer) a specific program, not in the official version, doing what you want to do.