How do I uninstal MediaInfo 7.64???

Richard
2013-12-02
2013-12-02
  • Richard
    Richard
    2013-12-02

I would like to get rid of MediaInfo, I never installed this software and have no idea where it came from. I always go thru advanced instal and carefully read all options when installing software and did not instal.

For the past few months everytime I click on a video instead of the video running I now get a window giving me alot of info I didnt request and I can no longer quickly launch a video.

I have searched my system and there is no "mediaInfo" folder, its not listed in add remove programs, its not present in program files.

I am sure this is a great piece of software, I just have no use for it and do not appreciate programs bieng "bundled" and instaled without my knowledge.

Thank You for any advice Richard

• I never installed this software and have no idea where it came from. (...) I have searched my system and there is no "mediaInfo" folder, its not listed in add remove programs, its not present in program files.

In that case, you don't have a version from me, the official developer.
    Official MediaInfo uninstall is in "Add/Remove program".

Maybe you have a so called "MediaInfo Lite", coming from e.g. K-Lite Codec Pack, not created by me (it uses my library but the GUI part is not from me), in that case you must ask their team about how to uninstall it properly. On my side, in case you have "MediaInfo Lite", the official installer removes the links to "MediaInfo Lite", so you need to install MediaInfo then uninstall it, and "MediaInfo Lite" should be gone.