Original W X H vs W X H in Media Info

2011-03-31
2014-01-29
  • Andrew Adams
    Andrew Adams
    2011-03-31

When importing a ProRes SD 422 486i file into Media Info we get two values for Width and Height.  An original width of 720 with a width of 704.  An original height of 486 and a height of 480.  When you import it into Flip Scan you get only 720 X 486. 
    When it's imported into Rhozet you also get 720 X 486.  Media Info is used to accept/reject spots based in part on resolution criteria so this is causing a problem.  What is causing this and is there a way to change this in media info to read only one resolution.

• 720 X 486 is the production aperture size.
    704 X 480 is the clean aperture size, defined by the technician, in the MOV container.

There is currently no option to skip clean aperture size display, you can adapt your code (something like "if Width_Original, use it, else use Width") or/and add a feature request https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=86862&atid=581184 in order to add an option for skipping clean aperture size display.

• Richard3
    Richard3
    2014-01-24

This same issue is causing a problem with one of our customers and our Dev team does not want to code around it. They say either the content has a HightxWidth and that matches the content or its a bad file - poking around the MediaInfo Data with if statements they do not feel is proper.

• It is definitely not the smartest thing I did. But now, I must find a way to handle legacy software (some people use this feature), and it is not the priority for me currently (on the ToDo-list, but no ETA)