Menu

MediaInfo Helper.Get Basic Video Info() failed for streams

RaNgErS
2014-07-24
2014-08-07
  • RaNgErS

RaNgErS - 2014-07-24

I need to play a network stream video "http://www.wowza.com/_h264/Butterfly_256K.mp4" using LibVLC , I done the code and necessary things,
    I am able to play the video, but I cannot get the info about video by the API : MediaInfoHelper.Get BasicVideoInfo(). When I pass the URL i get exception : "File Not Found"

The code I done is :

var stream1Info = MediaInfoHelper.GetBasicVideoInfo(mediaInputStream1.Source);
       var stream2Info = MediaInfoHelper.GetBasicVideoInfo(mediaInputStream2.Source);
       lblFrmRateFirstStream.Text = stream1Info.Fps + " fps";
       lblFrmRateSecondStream.Text = stream2Info.Fps + " fps";
       lblBandWidthFirstStream.Text = ConvertBytesToMegabytes(stream1Info.Bitrate / 8) + " Mbps";
       lblBandWidthSecondStream.Text = ConvertBytesToMegabytes(stream2Info.Bitrate / 8) + " Mbps";

It will work well for a local file.
    But not for a streaming video.

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2014-07-24

I don't know which build of MediaInfo you use (and which "MediaInfoHelper", not from me), but the official ones currently don't have the HTTP input support.
    You need to build with libcurl support.

Official builds with HTTP input support are planned but are currently not a priority.

• RaNgErS

RaNgErS - 2014-07-29

Thank you so much for the reply, I am using 0.7.13.0 version DLL. And the MediaInfoHelper is a wrapper around that used in LibVLC(http://libvlcnet.sourceforge.net/) . Could you please raise the priority of the same

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2014-08-07

Thank you so much for the reply, I am using 0.7.13.0 version DLL.

Which is pretty old... In any cases, you'll have to upgrade.

Could you please raise the priority of the same

Actually, it is not the fist priority but already one of the top priorities on free support. Unfortunately, I (the main developer) have not currently a time slot for free support features, so there is no ETA.