I'm using mediainfo cli to provide technical data (length, codec, resolution, PAR, etc.) for my video database, and I've noticed there's a lot of entries with incorrect durations. It was suspicious that the inaccurate values were all rounded off to the nearest minute, so I've made some tests to figure out what's wrong with my code.
It seems that mediainfo sometimes gives inaccurate value for duration, when using normal mode. However, when using it with --full option, I get a bunch of (redundant) duration values, along with the correct one:
<Duration> 8998150</Duration> <Duration>2h 29mn</Duration> <Duration>2h 29mn 58s 150ms</Duration> <Duration>2h 29mn</Duration> <Duration>02:29:58.150</Duration>
Tested with 0.7.63.
It looks like it detects different values for each invidual streams.