Welcome to Open Discussion

2010-01-19
2013-02-16
  • gumtownbassman
    gumtownbassman
    2010-01-19

Welcome to Open Discussion

• I can not believe I am the first one commenting here. I was looking for something different than the Roland Librarian on the very same day that this program was posted. The interface is great. Easy to understand, very graphical. I do have one issue with the bulk save function. Program aborts and save fails. I can work around, making changes, moving to ME, using Librarian to read all memories and save, but I bet you want to find the cause and correct it. Such a nice program deserves it (I am an IT professional, I appreciate when effort like this is placed in programming.) Please keep up this good work.

• Sorry did not say a valuable detail. I am on WIndows Vista 32-Bit.

Rodolfo.

• gumtownbassman
    gumtownbassman
    2011-08-07

Windows version is now updated to the beta stage (version 20110808), fixed the bulk file saving issue, and fixed a few other "issues" since i now have an newly purchased ME-25 to complete the project.

• Hi. Thanks very much for the updates. I tested the bulk saving and it works fine. The only thing that keeps me using Roland Librarian occasionally is this: in it I can open multiple windows and copy, paste, reorganize, etc. the libraries or files with ease. I am not sure how difficult at this point will it be for ME25-Edit to have this functionality, but just in case it is worth a shot when you "have time" (yeah, I know) or maybe when you have insomnia, I wanted to mention it. However, let me tell you that right now between your program and the librarian, I have 100% of the functionality I need. I use ME25-Edit to tweak, play, compare, learn on the effects by changing parameters on the fly, VISUALLY, and then use the Librarian with its odd "file manager" interface to organize my patches quickly and easily. Thanks again for such a great piece of software. I wonder if someone will take the time to do something this good for the Roland GR-XX synthesizer series. I own a GR-33 and there are some tools around but none is as good unless one that is highly priced.

• gumtownbassman
    gumtownbassman
    2011-08-14

At this stage, i have no plans to add a librarian, since the Roland one does the job, and works well in tandem with ME-25-Edit.
    There is an editor for the GR-55
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/
    A highly recommended bit of equipment :-)

• Fair enough. With both we have FULL FUNCTIONALITY of what is needed to handlle things with ease. Now… when will we be able to run on an iPad … Just Kidding. So, do you think the GR-55 is way superior to the GR-33?

• Rudy
    Rudy
    2011-08-22

I always forget to login and still appear as nobody. Just so you have my user.

• gumtownbassman
    gumtownbassman
    2011-08-28

The GR-55 (IMO) is way more superior to the GR-33.
    The GR-55 is basically made of two GR-33's (2 independant synths), (almost) a GT-10, and half of a VG-99 and half of a VB-99 (modeled instruments) all in one rugged metal box with a huge lcd display.
    The only thing a GR-55 doesn't do is use it as a standalone sound module, or split keys.

• Can i hear it while as Im doing it?

• gumtownbassman
    gumtownbassman
    2011-11-14

Yes, only while the ME-25 is USB connected, any editing and tweaks with the editor will be heard in realtime on the ME-25.
    So you could use a tablet PC to adjust settings while playing live.

• Hi 
    I Just wanted to say thanks for all your work on the ME 25 edit software.
    I have just bought an ME 25 and have not had time to get to grips with it properly.
    But I was really quite dissapointed with the Boss Librarian software when I installed it.
    So now that I have found ME 25 Edit I will not have to spend hours kneeling on the floor  fiddling with the controls while I learn what the unit can do.

I do have a question … some of the patches I have downloaded to try out , seem to be MIDI files & I can't work out how to load them. I guess they do really work somehow as people have commented on the website  about some of the sounds produced.
    I expect I will get to grips with it eventually … Must be missing something along they way.

Thanks again JM

• gumtownbassman
    gumtownbassman
    2012-06-29

Not sure about the midi file format (*.mid) perhaps the Boss Librarian can export/impot midi file types, the editor only deals with system exclusive (*.syx) or the proprietry Boss Librarian (*.m2l) formats.

• Dude i dont know if its just me. but i cant download the program &  i need it badly. The error i get "Unable to find any mirror information for the file"
    Please help me out.
    great program btw,

• I've been using ME-25 Edit for a while - love it!

But I just did a clean install of WinXP on my Toshiba M700 - I wanna make it my music-dedicated laptop, but it was 5 years old, had a load of other stuff on it, and was running WinVista OS.

So I just reinstalled ME-25 Edit, reloaded my personal bulk patch file …. and all the patch names in the user tree are long strings of bizarre characters. When I load patches from the unit via usb (double-clicking on the patch in the tree), the correct patch names appear in the "Patch from ME-25" window up top … I click the window, and the name shows up just fine in the "Rename Patch" dialog … I hit "Apply" … then the red "Write/Sync" button, and … the same gibberish appears in the tree.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Matt

• Jerome
    Jerome
    2013-02-16

As many said already, great piece of SW!

You should try to come to an agreement with Roland and have it bundled/integrated with their own poor stuff, I trust the same SW could be easily adapted to many other of their products.

I actually installed the Linux version and after adding a suitable USB driver quirk to my Debian Linux system (Please contact me if in need for details), it works nicely.
    The only thing is that I'm affected by the same issue Matt mentioned in the previous post :

all the patch names in the user tree are long strings of bizarre characters. When I load patches from the unit via usb (double-clicking on the patch in the tree), the correct patch names appear in the "Patch from ME-25" window up top …

Matt seems to experience the issue under Windows so it's not a Linux-related issue apparently.
    Actually, I noticed there is an ASCII 'delta' character inserted after every character of the correct name, which makes it look weird/unusable.

Using the debug mode, the received data appears like:
    { size=141}
    midi data received { F0 41 10 00 00 45 12 7F 00 17 00 00 00 00 00 00 23 00 29 00 32 00 00 00 00 00 32 00 32 00 32 00 00 00 00 00 34 00 33 00 2D 00 37 00 01 00 01 00 23 00 19 00 28 00 6E 00 01 00 01 00 46 00 14 00 3C 00 2D 00 5A 00 32 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 63 00 5A 00 01 00 00 00 32 00 0A 00 28 00 01 00 24 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 4C 00 65 00 61 00 64 00 20 00 64 00 65 00 6C 00 31 00 31 00 30 00 20 00 20 00 20 00 20 00 20 19 F7 }

So is that 00 being 'diplayed' as a 'delta' for some reason or...

Many thanks if you can have a look!
    Jerome