Building from source fails

2014-02-28
2014-03-12
  • When I try to build the latest source base (HEAD from Git) in Eclipse v4.3.1, I encountered the following errors (along with 622 warnings).

Description Resource Path Location Type
    The method deserialize_sequence(Object, Sequence, CdrInputStream, int, Object) in the type TypeSupportImpl is not applicable for the arguments (Object, ExtObjRelationEntrySeq, CdrInputStream, Object) ExtObjRelationListTypeSupport.java /x73-idl-rti-dds/build/generated/src/main/java/org/mdpnp/types/polymorphism line 358 Java Problem
    The method deserialize_sequence(Object, Sequence, CdrInputStream, int, Object) in the type TypeSupportImpl is not applicable for the arguments (Object, ExtObjRelationEntrySeq, CdrInputStream, Object) ExtObjRelationListTypeSupport.java /x73-idl-rti-dds/build/generated/src/main/java/org/mdpnp/types/polymorphism line 396 Java Problem
    The method deserialize_sequence(Object, Sequence, CdrInputStream, int, Object) in the type TypeSupportImpl is not applicable for the arguments (Object, ExtObjRelationEntrySeq, CdrInputStream, Object) ExtObjRelationListTypeSupport.java /x73-idl-rti-dds/build/generated/src/main/java/org/mdpnp/types/polymorphism line 461 Java Problem
    The method deserialize_sequence(Object, Sequence, CdrInputStream, int, Object) in the type TypeSupportImpl is not applicable for the arguments (Object, AttributeValueAssertionSeq, CdrInputStream, Object) AttributeListTypeSupport.java /x73-idl-rti-dds/build/generated/src/main/java/org/mdpnp/types/polymorphism line 461 Java Problem
    The method deserialize_sequence(Object, Sequence, CdrInputStream, int, Object) in the type TypeSupportImpl is not applicable for the arguments (Object, AttributeValueAssertionSeq, CdrInputStream, Object) AttributeListTypeSupport.java /x73-idl-rti-dds/build/generated/src/main/java/org/mdpnp/types/polymorphism line 396 Java Problem
    The method deserialize_sequence(Object, Sequence, CdrInputStream, int, Object) in the type TypeSupportImpl is not applicable for the arguments (Object, AttributeValueAssertionSeq, CdrInputStream, Object) AttributeListTypeSupport.java /x73-idl-rti-dds/build/generated/src/main/java/org/mdpnp/types/polymorphism line 358 Java Problem

Same errors occur when building MDPnP by executing gradlew.bat in the root folder.

Any idea how to fix these issues?

Venkatesh-Prasad

• Folks, is anybody out there? Is this a real issue? Or is it something specific to my setup?

• Jeff Plourde
    Jeff Plourde
    2014-03-06

The latest commit to the master branch no longer generates types under org.mdpnp.types.polymorphism at all; that was an experiment that I've since removed from the build tree.

I was able to reproduce this outcome by checking out commit [2d4de1], building, then checking out the latest commit and building again without cleaning my workspace.

Have you tried issuing a "gradlew.bat clean"? That will remove any generated code from previous builds. It's a good practice to clean the workspace after every pull ... or at least try to "clean" any time a new commit appears to break the build. For instance in our continuous integration builds the clean task is executed before all builds.

Thanks and please let me know if this helps!
    Jeff

Related

Commit: [2d4de1]

• I did a clean pull on a Mac and it all worked fine :) So, I'm good for now. Thanks,