Can't open ZIP: "No module named calendar"

Help
EndUser
2013-07-07
2 days ago
  • EndUser
    EndUser
    2013-07-07

    Sometimes, when I try to open archives, I get this "No module named calendar" error, and the archive fails to open. This also happens with items in my library. I used to be able to circumvent this by loading the next archive in the directory. This is no longer possible, as the entire directory now falls prey to the error. Other directories are working fine, but have been effected in the past. There seems to be little logic to the error. I'm on Windows 7 x64. Running as administrator doesn't solve anything.

     
  • Oddegamra
    Oddegamra
    2013-07-08

    From the message you're receiving, I'm assuming that the problem is that the 'calendar' module is excluded from the win32 build. MComix does not directly use this module anywhere in the code, but it might be possible that some other modules indirectly include it and subsequently fail.

    I've uploaded a modified version with also includes 'calendar' here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcomix/files/tests/mcomix-r937.win32.all-in-one.zip/download
    It would be nice if you could test it to see if the problem still persists.

     
  • EndUser
    EndUser
    2013-07-08

    Thank you for the fast response!

    This seemed to do it. When I opened the problematic archives again, I recieved a pop-up message asking me if I wanted to continue reading where I left off. It also stored the date and time when I had finished reading. I think this is the part of MComix that needs the calendar module. See attachment.

    Thank you again!

     
    Attachments
  • DooMHeaD
    DooMHeaD
    2 days ago

    I'm also getting this error message. The error is occurring every time one closes the comic book (or the application) anywhere but the first or last page, and reopening them through the 'recent' menu item, or open dialog, but a bookmark saved at an arbitrary page still works.

    If the error shows, one can open it by switching to the next chapter/file/directory (if one enabled them in the settings) and then switching back. If all else fails, deleting Library.db in the settings folder usually solves the problem.

    Hope this helps.