Compiling rjags for Windows - Portable problem!

Help
2013-01-21
2014-03-31
  • Greetings,

I have a R-Portable version (get on PortableApps forum) and I would like to install JAGS and rjags so that I can use it on USB devices. To install JAGS it's no problem but install rjags on this case it is difficult.

If I understood, during the JAGS installation some parameters are installed on Windows Registry (Install Directory (InstallDir) and JAGS version), right?

When I install rjags, it gets these registry parameters to configure rjags, correct?

Is there a possibility to make a rjags install that works on USB devices (Portable)?

I tried to compile the source code changing the makevars.win (JAGS_ROOT = JAGS Directory on USB) but I got MD5 error, I tried to passing arguments on install.packages but isn't work in Windows.

I searched here in the forum a similar problem but I didn't find anything liki this.

Thank you for the attention!

• NJR
    NJR
    2014-03-07

Hi all,

Bumping this message up, because I have the same problem and would like to know if anyone has a solution to this yet. Thanks!

• Martyn Plummer
    Martyn Plummer
    2014-03-19

You should be able to use the precompiled Windows binary for CRAN. Just install it into the R library on your USB key. Before you load the rjags package into R, set the environment variable "JAGS_HOME" to the location of your JAGS installation.

• NJR
    NJR
    2014-03-31

Very helpful, will give that a try. Thanks!