105 lines (93 with data), 4.4 kB
Changes in JAGS 3.0.0
* Functions and distributions may now have an alias, so that they can be
referred to by more than one name. This allows compatibility with the
naming conventions of OpenBUGS (e.g. ddirch vs ddirich) and of R
(e.g. dbin vs dbinom).
* Progress bar
- The width of the progress bar is extended from 40 to 50 characters
- In batch mode, the progress bar is not printed
- Adaptive mode is always indicated by symbol "+"
* In batch mode JAGS halts on the first error
* New distributions in the bugs module
- Non-central chi-square (dnchisqr)
- Beta binomial (dbetabin)
- Generalized gamma (dgen.gamma)
* Separate messages are printed during compilation and initialization of
* The multinomial distribution (dmulti) can take a scalar probability
parameter (like dcat)
* A warning is printed if a user tries to initialize a model before it
is compiled. This was previously silently ignored.
* The user has more control over the adaptive phase. The adapt command
does not automatically turn off the adaptive phase and so may be
run sequentially until adaptation is complete.
* When a monitor cannot be defined an attempt is made to return an
informative error message.
* A single installer for Windows contains both 32-bit and 64-bit
versions of JAGS.
* logLikelihood function renamed to logDensity. This function now
takes an argument allowing fast calculation of likelihoods and
* New error functions declared in the header module/ModuleError.h can
be called from a module instead of throwing an exception. This
allows safe handling when the library is statitically linked to the
C++ runtime, as exceptions cannot be thrown across DLL boundaries in
* New subclasses of runtime_error for functions (FuncError),
* Mixture nodes may share a common MixMap, with substantial memory savings.
* Models with large multivariate nodes have been optimized for speed.
* Use up-to-date m4 macros for blas and lapack from gnu autoconf archive
* For modules, drop the -no-undefined linker flag except on Windows, where
it is necessary.
* On Solaris, the macro for detecting blas automatically has been updated
to use new syntax -library=sunperf.
Internal changes in modules
- The base RNG factory only uses the time stamp once, during
construction, to fix the random number seed. Use the bugs
namespace consistently in the bugs module
- Changed all instances of lgamma (C library) to lgamma_fn (R math)
- The DSum sampler may be multi-level (i.e. it may sample two nodes,
one of which is the descendant of the other)
- The HolmesHeld sampler has been (temporarily) suppressed as its numerical
instability problems have not been solved.
- The glm module now contains a copy of CHOLMOD, AMD, COLMOD
- The DNormMix sampler may be multi-level
* Fixed segfault in BUGSModel when requesting monitor for node with wrong
* Fixed segfault in ConjugateMNormal
* Fixed glm module in case of GLMs with mis-measured covariates
- Holmes-Held method cannot work with such models
- With Albert-Chib method we need to update all auxiliary data
at the start of each iteration
* The lexer now accepts floating point expressions when the exponent
has no sign (e.g. 6.022E23 now accepted as well as 6.022E+23)
* Corrected random number generation for
- Pareto distribution
- Multivariate T distribution
- Hypergeometric distribution (seg fault)
* The constructors for Vector- and ArrayStochasticNodes now check
the number of parameters.
* Fixed serious bug in NodeArray::find (It always returned 0 and led
to the creation of spurious aggregate nodes).
* More informative error messages in case of module loading failure
* Random walk Metropolis sampler now copes with non-finite log-densities
* CalKLExact was only returning half the correct value, with
consequences for the pD and popt monitors.
* The binomial distribution now allows a zero size parameter
* Fixed bug in PDMonitorFactory that stopped Monitor objects being
created when any node in the model is bounded.
* The scanner throws an exception if it encounters the Unicode
replacement charcter U+FFFD