Alan McKay
2013-09-04
2013-09-04
  • Alan McKay
    Alan McKay
    2013-09-04

Hi folks,

I run this from my build directory

/data/src/ATLAS-3.10.1/configure --prefix=/data/binaries/${HH}/ATLAS-3.10.1 --shared

and then I run all the subsequent make commands, but "make install" in the end informs me it cannot find the shared libraries. And sure enough they are not there.

What am I don't wrong?

thanks,
    -Alan

• Alan McKay
    Alan McKay
    2013-09-04

Oh I am trying to build R-3.0.1 with ATLAS and R is complaining.

PREFIX=/data/binaries/$HH/R-3.0.1
    mkdir -p $PREFIX
    LDFLAGS="-L/data/binaries/solexa3/ATLAS-3.10.1/lib -lf77blas -latlas" ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX

gcc -std=gnu99 -shared -fopenmp -L/data/binaries/solexa3/ATLAS-3.10.1/lib -lf77blas -latlas -o libRblas.so blas.o cmplxblas.o -lf77blas -latlas -lgfortran -lm # xerbla.o
    /usr/bin/ld: /data/binaries/solexa3/ATLAS-3.10.1/lib/libf77blas.a(xerbla.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    /data/binaries/solexa3/ATLAS-3.10.1/lib/libf77blas.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

And funny thing is that when I read the ATLAS install doc it says that it supplies -fPIC automatically. And when I try to supply it myself I get an error with the ATLAS xconfig command.