Build ATLAS on Windows with MinGW 4.6.1

tuannhtn
2012-05-02
2013-01-09
  • tuannhtn
    tuannhtn
    2012-05-02

Hello every body, I build ATLAS 3.8.4 on my Windows 7 32 bit using MinGW 4.6.1 but encouter an error:
    Bad OS value = 0, res='NULL'

xconfig exited with 3.
    Could some body show me how to build ATLAS with mingw on Windows?

• Tyrnan
    Tyrnan
    2012-08-10

Hi all,
    I second this one! I have exactly the same problem. can somebody point out what causes this? How can the OS be set correctly? Please reply soon!

• 3.8 is no longer supported.  3.10.0 is out, and has much better support for Windows.  Try that.

• Tyrnan
    Tyrnan
    2012-08-13

The complete output of configure call :

$ ../configure -b 32 -D c -DPentiumCPS=2500 -Si nocygwin 1 --prefix=/e/QtSDK/pr
    ojects/atlas/ --with-netlib-lapack-tarfile=/e/lapack-3.4.1/lapack-3.4.1.tgz
    make: `xconfig' is up to date.
    ./xconfig -d s /e/ATLAS/ATLAS-3.10.0/builddir/../ -d b /e/ATLAS/ATLAS-3.10.0/bui
    lddir  -b 32 -D c -DPentiumCPS=2500 -Si nocygwin 1 -Si lapackref 1
    Bad OS value=0, res='NULL'
    OS configured as UNKNOWN (0)
    Assertion failed: iret, file e:/ATLAS/ATLAS-3.10.0/builddir/..//CONFIG/src/confi
    g.c, line 602
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    xconfig exited with 3

• Jameson
    Jameson
    2012-08-30

Currently the configure/build environment is only supported for using the MinGW compiler in a Cygwin environment. If you must build without installing Cygwin, you could try downloading my copy, which I recently made for that purpose: https://github.com/vtjnash/atlas-3.10.0

I have some ideas for how to back-port this into the main repo, if rwhaley is interested in having me submit more pull requests.

• Anonymous
    2012-11-15

Dear vtjjnash,

I downloaded https://github.com/vtjnash/atlas-3.10.0 - ATLAS for MinGW32 Windows buildup, and tryied to configure it with the "configure" sh-script. However, with the "Windows" sh.exe I see no support of xconfig inside.

Any help, please ?

PS: I am on the 64-bit Win7 machine, using MinGW64.

• Anonymous
    2012-11-15

Well, another compilaction to the ATLAS-Win7-MinGW32/64 buildup is missing full Lapack support…I would welcome full Lapack distributed with ATLAS-for-Win7.