From: Victor Boctor <vboctor@gm...> - 2007-07-20 06:56:42
I would appreciate a code review and/or testing of the patch that I
attached to the following bug:
The patch does the following:
1. Adds db_is_mysql()
2. In case of mysql and UTF-8 character set executes SET NAMES UTF8.
3. Refactored db_pconnect() to use db_connect().
I would like to get some feedback on the following:
1. Does the patch fix the problem?
2. Should we call SET NAMES on non-UTF8 character sets? If so, then is
there a way to translate the charset into the format understood by
MySQL? For example, in the language files we UTF-8 where MySQL
3. Should we do a similar call for MS-SQL or PostgreSQL?