From: Martin Wickman <martin.wickman@xm...> - 2002-01-07 09:50:25
[reposted to -dev, -beta list seems dead more or less]
I finished the BASIC_AUTH support and sent the patch to the maintainer.
I have done some minor testing, and it works, but there may be things
that is faulty or done the wrong way.
I have not been able to use it with the $g_login_method=LDAP though.
Thanks to David Jeske for pointing me in the right direction!
To have mantis use basic authentication, set
$g_login_method = BASIC_AUTH
in the config_inc.php file
This setting will change the following Mantis behaviour:
- If the user does not exist in the database, it is created on the fly
- The password field is no longer used in the database
- Autocreated users have null email. They must click on 'account'
and set their email adress manually.
- If your user exist in an ldap you can set $g_use_ldap_email = 1 and
set appropriate $g_ldap_server etc. This will fetch the email from
the ldap server
- Users cannot change their username
- Users cannot set their password
- Logout does not "work". That is, when a user clicks [Logout] he
will be redirected to index.php3 which will log in the user again.
Basic auth support has not been heavily tested, but it works with my
setup. If problems arise, I guess they will be centered around the
email stuff and account_page.php3.
Martin Wickman, X Media Solutions | mailto:martin.wickman@...
Box 3294, Holmbrogränd 1, S-600 03 Norrköping | http://www.xms.se
Tel: +46 (0)11 24 48 49 | Fax: +46 (0)11 24 48 09