At work we have the fowolling scenario,
we have a nagios server for the monitoring and an mantis for issue-tracking.
Now our plan was that the nagios reports
an issue to our mantis, because we could see if some of our admins is working
on the reported issue.
So the workflow schould look like this:
1. Nagios detect an error
2. Nagios calls the Python script,
3 The Python script checkt if there
is an open issue,
3.1 when there is none it will open
a new "ticket"
3.2 when there is one it will add a
note with the Nagios report
4. An Admin checks the Report and fix
1. Nagios detect that an error is gone.
2. Nagios calls the Python script.
3. The Python script checks for an open
4. Nagios add a Note to the open ticket.
5. An Admin checks if the error is really
fixed and close the Issue.
So this is the plan.
My Python script  can add a new tickent,
but if i want to add a note, it runs into an error.
This message is intended for a particular addressee only and may contain business or company secrets. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message immediately. Any use of this email, including saving, publishing, copying, replication or forwarding of the message or the contents is not permitted.