Well, I am no thinking un use mantis to control a software development process, so I think I can´t help you too much.
I would be nicer -IMHO- if you provide the controls created by you QA-Team so we could see if there is any option to improve them.
From the point of view of a QA-Team, I think they will be interested on... (few ideas):
- time control.
- workload. (by weeks, techs, months, escalations, customers, products...)
- reopened cases (in oder to improve the KB with solutions for well-know problems)
- open/close ratio (to avoid backlog)
I don´t know if you are using those values at this time, let me know.
I also think it could be a very good idea if you can involve
the QA-Coordination team, but I don´t know if this mailing list would be the best place or if a new thread should be created outside.
The idea of the report must be simple:
- Reports should be always avaible via web interface.
- Techs must be able to see their metrics (tech. dashboard). Real time should be ok, but a job cron every X hours to update them can be useful too.
- Extended reports (global dashboards) with global metrics (all techs, all cases, backlog...) only must be available to team leaders, qa-coordinators...
- All reports must be able to be exported to .csv
- Graphics are a must, they are very important if the reports are going to be reviewed by managers or non-technical people.
Maybe I am wrong with this ideas, maybe not, anyway, let me know what do you think.
----- Mensaje original ----
Enviado: viernes, 22 de junio, 2007 8:32:15
Asunto: Re: [mantisbt-dev] Advanced Reporting
at this time, we use mantis in combination with ScmBug and
Subversion to keep care of our development process. Out of this reason, our
QA-Coordination team has mentioned that they will need more and more reports.
But I don't have any specification at this time. Can you give me an example on
which kind of report you thought of?
Well, first of all I don´t know if this is the best place
to ask the next question, if not, sorry :-/
Is there anyone there working
on an advanced reporting?
I would like to improve the reporting area with
some ideas (IMHO) but I am not a guru with PHP, so here I am.
If there is
anyone interesting on that or working on something to improve the reporting
area, let me know.
LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del
Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto.
Atos Origin GmbH, Theodor-Althoff-Straße 47, D-45133 Essen, Postfach 100 123, D-45001 Essen
Telefon: +49 201 4305 0, Fax: +49 201 4305 689095, www.atosorigin.de
Dresdner Bank AG, Hamburg: Kto. 0954411200, BLZ 200 800 00, Swift Code DRESDEFF200, IBAN DE69200800000954411200
Geschäftsführer: Dominique Illien, Handelsregister Essen HRB 19354, Ust.-ID.-Nr.: DE147861238
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/