Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Welcome to Open Discussion

2010-02-04
2013-04-23
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Welcome to Open Discussion

• teamfresh
    teamfresh
    2010-03-12

Hi, I have downloaded the software and had a play with it. I love it! I am curious as to how to render a smooth animation with it though? when I click "record path", I then use the mouse to steer my way about the fractal and as I do this the software saves a series of images which I can then turn into an avi - this is cool!  however I would like to render a longer animation but I cant be at my computer all the time to steer - and so I began to wonder about the "render animation" button? i think that the information must be in a .txt file in the path folder? but I have no idea if this is true - or if it is how the txt file is written out. I would be greatful if you could throw me a few tips or even an example txt file so I can see how to do this?

can I just say thanks again for this software I love it and I cant wait to see it grow! I am willing to contribute money towards this just let me know how and I will paypal you some =)
    regards

teamfresh

• teamfresh
    teamfresh
    2010-03-12

one more thing - I thought that if I clicked on "render animation" button it would render the flight path that i took when I clicked "record path" but instead it just renders the start image over and over - I made sure to set the starting position by clicking the "init 3d navigator" before clicking "record path" and followed the tips but no joy =(

• Thank you for using my program.
    I will try to explain how to prepare and render animation.
    1. Prepare starting view-point. You can click Init 3D Navigator and the camera will move to the default starting position. You can also put your own camera coordinates and angle, set "perspective" to around 1.5 and "Close up (zoom)" to very low value (e.g 1e-6). You can also decide how fast flight will be. It is adjustable by the "Flight speed (DE multiplier). Camera speed is proportional to estimated distance to the fractal surface.
    2. Set up very low image resolution (e.g. 160x120) and "Scale in window" to higher value (e.g. 4). Because my programs offers high quality of images instead of calculation speed it will be faster to record flight track in low resolution.
    3. Click "Record path" and navigate camera by mouse movement inside render window. Your flight track is recorded in "paths/path.txt: file (in default) and low-res stills are recorded in "images/imageXXXX.jpg" files
    4. When the flight path is ready, set-up requested resolution of animation (e.g. 1280x720) and other quality parameters
    5. Set up image stills destination path by "Select file paths / destination image sequence". This folder should be empty.
    6. Save actual setting by "Save settings". It will be helpful when you will want to continue rendering animation after stop.
    7. Click "Render animation". Animation is now rendering according to camera coordinates saved in path.txt file.
    If you want to continue rendering animation which you started before (e.g. after some power failure), please load proper settings file and just click on "Render animation". Program will scan which frames are already rendered and render all missed frames.

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-11

a couple of suggestions:
    The" render/ stop" window needs a name, perhaps "parameter window".up in the title bar
    the two windows that open with the programme named
    1. # of iterations
    2.CPU window
    these dont really need to be opened, at least not for me , perhaps two small buttons that would open them if the need arises.
    The programme needs to have a stop gap window, one that states you are closing the programme, and do you want to save your work…
    the programme is not saving the size of the render window upon closing and opening…
    would prefer it to be maximized for me but if someone else wants it smaller then it should be saved upon closing.
    a savable preference box…would like to not have to change the settings i have come up with in the image tab for rotating and camera movement each time i open the programme..
    Bob

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-22

can I get a small discussion re: the ifs settings window..the boxes across are xyz and i understand that… its the boxes down that i dont get…have opened the samples and spent many an hour tweaking, to no avail..
    Thanks Bob

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-23

Hi K.
    I am not a math guy nor a programmer.
    so i really appreciate your talents in these fields
    so, if i read you right the first row is xyz and various rotations, with xyz showing the direction of each vector as numbers from zero. ie .07,0,.07.
    moving to the second row down, i see you put in ,for example ,.07,.07,0…
    what do these represent?
    and on to the third row..same question..
    Im having a hard time with 9 vectors….is there a graphical representation of this?
    xyz is easy for me but xyz x3 is really hard to grasp…
    B

• Russell Glenn
    Russell Glenn
    2010-06-24

Has anyone installed this software on Windows 7?

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-25

yup..runs just fine..have 64 bit..

• Russell Glenn
    Russell Glenn
    2010-06-26

Okay, thanks… it works on my 64 bit system as well. Wonderful program… is there a way for me to input my own formulas?

• @gateman45, it is really difficult to tell about IFS parameters without mathematics. I have also troubles to find proper IFS parameters. It is like in kaleidoscope. Construction of kaleidoscope is very simple. There are only some mirrors inside. But there is very difficult to predict what we will see through kaleidoscope.

• @russellglenn, It is not possible to put formula by user. Only way is to change formula in C++ source and recompile the program.

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-28

Thanks K…been away for a few days and was having some sucess..so will pick up where i left off..
    Bob

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-30

nice changes in .80..gradients are good…
    dont understand intensity…

• Anonymous
    2010-07-01

If there a way to change the field of view?  I work in a planetarium with a fulldome video system and and we work with 4k square images with a 180* fisheye view.  (Info on fulldome production: http://artslab.unm.edu/tutorials/dome1a.htm ).

This stuff would look unbelievable in a dome…  is it possible?

-Ryan

• In Mandelbulber there is possible to change field of view. If you want wider, you should put higher "perspective" value on "view" tab. Value 1.0 givers approximately 90 degrees FOV. Unfortunately you can't achieve dome effect because in Mandelbulber there is three-point perspective projection. For dome there is needed hemispherical projection.

• Anonymous
    2010-07-04

How to draw mandelbox with this program?

• @miniBill, the easiest way to you will be to use existing example settings files. Please load for example "settings/tglad - scale 2.fract" file.

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-07-05

By the way Undo works… if one presses it twice…then it will begin to undo…

• teamfresh
    teamfresh
    2010-07-05

I only have to press undo once. make sure the image has finished rendering - or you have pressed stop - before pressing undo.

• Russell Glenn
    Russell Glenn
    2010-07-05

Can someone explain the process for creating an animation or else point to where I can find documentation? Thanks…

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-07-05

re:undo
    nope doesnt work with one click 4 me…takes two to tango…

• hawknm7
    hawknm7
    2010-07-07

Nice program, but not very intuitive. Is there any kind of help file or documentation available for it?
    Thanks

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)