Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

requests

gateman45
2010-06-04
2013-04-23
  • gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-04

undo button…
    is there a way to zoom out?
    zoom in with mouse works well…tried the usual shift,cntrl (click)
    fun programme
    bob

• This is a good suggestion with undo button. Now only way to zoom out is type higher value in View / "Close Up(zoom)" . I will made undo button in next version

• I have added undo button with 100 levels. Please download the newest version.

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-10

have downloaded new version.
    getting a warning about settings being created in older version.
    does this matter? are they compatible?
    just to check out "undo" i rendered one of your pre-sets. then changed power from 8 to 7
    and re- rendered….then clicked "undo" and it didnt "undo"
    dont have much time, but i worked on an image and saved it as jpeg… then went to the file where i keep all my images and
    it wasnt there…Bug? didnt have any problem with last version..
    Bob

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-10

files are being saved in the mandlebulber default directory only…

• "have downloaded new version. getting a warning about settings being created in older version. does this matter?  are they compatible?"

You didn't use install.bat script

" just to check out "undo" i rendered one of your pre-sets. then changed power from 8 to 7 and re- rendered….then clicked "undo" and it didnt "undo""

There is something wrong in Undo logic. When you press undo ones again it will work. I have to correct it.

?dont have much time, but i worked on an image and saved it as jpeg… then went to the file where i keep all my images and it wasnt there…Bug? didnt have any problem with last version.. Bob"

I have checked last version. On Windows and Windows it saves images where I want. Can you check this ones again?

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-06-11

"You didn't use install.bat script "
    OK that worked…
    I have checked last version. On Windows and Windows it saves images where I want. Can you check this ones again?
    Yes I checked it again and its working..dont know what happened..

•  zeauro
    zeauro
    2010-06-20

Could it be possible to save animation in a different  format ?
    I would like to save image sequence in PNG-16bits+Alpha rather than .jpg.

• gateman45
    gateman45
    2010-07-05

the ability to add nodes and or limit the number of  gradients…seems, as is, most are pretty similar.

• Markus
    Markus
    2010-09-03

This program ist absolutely amazing, thanks so much for it.

When recording flights i always get in trouble with the camera movement.

I would love a "Follow the mousepointer" Flight mode, so kind of  zooming automatically where the cursor is pointing at.

Is this possible? Would be really great.

Thanks, Greetings from Germany

saw0

• Hi buddhi1980,

congratulations on a most complete and easy to use fractal generator.

After using it for a while, I began wondering if it would be possible to extract a predefined area of the mandelbulb, the render viewport area for example, as a 3d object, maybe as a mesh or point cloud, generated to a limited recursion depth to keep the resulting mesh more or less manageable and with enough detail to be a good 3d representation of the fractal's volume, or as a volumetric object (kind of what Incendia 3D does) and export it to STL, PLY or OBJ format, using some kind of density function to mesh surface translation algorithm. I'd love to be able to further mangle those nice lumps and bumps that your software makes in a 3d application, even if at limited resolution :).

I don't know if you had plans to do this in the future or not, but if yes, If there's something I can do/research/test to help you realize it, I'll be glad to help.

Thanks and greetings from Spain

Pedroasecas.

• @pedroasecas, It is possible to make program which export mandelbulb to point cloud object. But for this I will have to rebuild whole my program. It is because the program doesn't store object in memory at all. Maybe in the future (I think far) I will create some export function.
    For my first trials with Mandelbulbs I used point clouds but it was not effective for rendering. It needed lots of memory (around 3 GB for 1500x1500 image) and it was very slow. If you provide for me specification of STL, or some other format, I will try to find my old programs and make something for you. But as I told in the far future.

• @buddhi1980, thanks for considering it. I am not so much interested in something just for me as in helping develop your app further to everyone's benefit, if I can help. I'm no coder, but have been messing around with 3d software and formats and specs for a long time. So let me dig up some information on STL, PLY or other file formats (preferably open,  I assume ;)) and let's see what the (far) future brings :).

Cheers.

Pedroasecas.

PS: Maybe there could be another way to export a 3d mesh by exporting a sequence of orthographic black and white image slices of the fractal, and then using something like Gestaltlupe (http://github.com/trafassel/Gestaltlupe), as posted on fractalforums.com, or even ImageJ's 3d viewer. This way maybe you shouldn't have to tweak your software so much, and provide a starting point for a quick and dirty mesh exporter. All this is from the top of my head, since I don't have my bookmarks at hand. I will send you the specific thread and method tomorrow morning. More cheers :)

• Markus
    Markus
    2010-09-06

Hello again Buddhi.

I hope you have not overseen my camera-wish :)

I bought another Quadcore-system yesterday, just to render out mandelbulbs in some decent time.

Now i was wondering if you could implement the following features:

I want to render out a camera-flight with e.g 5000 frames.

To split it up on 2 machines i would love a function as "render animaton, frame x to y"

So i clone the path and fractsettings on 2 machines, and render half frames on one machine, and the rest on another.

Also a little "render every n-th frame" field would come in handy for previewing.

You owe me the last 4 nights sleep ;)

Greets!

saw0

• shaft0815
    shaft0815
    2010-11-15

Hello Buddhi!

First, thx for this easy to use Program!

Now in Version 0.96 it works fine to Render an Animation with Path.txt File :)
    Now i´m Rendering on PC (AMD 3Ghz Quadcore) the first 3000 Frames of my Flightpath in Full-HD 1920x1080px and on Notebook (Intel 2,1Ghz Dualcore) the first 3000 Frames. I see that the log.txt is after rendering 430 Frames over 80(!)MB big!! I think after 3000 Frames it would be 8-10 times bigger! Do your Program need this log.txt, and is it possible to switch the log.txt off?
    Requests (if possible):
    CPU Cores to use (1 to n)
    CPU Load to use (1 to 100%)

Thx and best greets to you

• Hi

In version 0.97 logging level will be reduced and log.txt file will be much smaller.. I made very detailed logging because of crashing problems.
    Do you want to have option for reduction number of used cores? Now the program automatically uses all available cores.
    About reduction of CPU load, I'm not going to this option, because it depends on operating system. On Linux you can set "nice" level (just start the program using nice command: "nice mandelbulber"). On Windows you can reduce program priority.

Best regards

• shaft0815
    shaft0815
    2010-11-23

Hi buddhi!

Ah, ok…if you take this log.txt for logging Crashes then i understand why the file is so big. Ok :)

You are right if you say i can switch the CPU load and Numbers of Cores from Windows, but this not really works so great.

If i decrease the CPU-Load then nothing has changed (92-99% CPU-Load) and other Apps (e.g. Surfing on Websites, Programs) are stuttering or standing still for a while (most for 1-2 Seconds). And if i reduce the cores they are in use, then the running Cores are at full-load. And the cpu(s) they are switched off don´t compensate the needed ressource. Sry for my bad english, i´m from german and i hope you understand what i mean.

If you are working under windows and a application needs CPU Power, windows takes this from all Cores even. In other words: If it will one time 3Ghz, the 3Ghz Quadcore runs at 25% CPU load.

Thx, and Greets :)

• tomot10
    tomot10
    2011-02-16

I'm hoping to do an animation. (great! program BTW) but I get confused with how to setup a path for the animation as described in the PDF. When I do a search on You Tube. for " how to animate in mandelbulder" I only get animations, no how to.  Is it possible for you to make a short how to tutorial, please!

• Anonymous
    2011-05-06

Hi, author of the program.
    I found an interesting thing … the statistics of downloads shows that the most popular version is win32, that is platform-windows. For Linux there are 64-bit version, so why not think about 64-bit version for windows?

• I have fought about 64-bit version for Windows, but I'm still not able to collect all needed libraries (*.dll) in 64-bit version. Much easier is to do this on Linux.

• huminado
    huminado
    2011-11-13

Looking for a log file that contains the entirety of the screendump output?

• huminado
    huminado
    2011-11-14

oh - running from a shell seems to fix that :)  sorry!