From: Adler, Pedro Jorge <pedro.adler@gm...> - 2005-05-11 16:19:45
one of the tasks of the community building group is to handle new
memberships. So you need to know what to do... some how-to will stay
within us, others might be good to have in the makumba.org webpage.
for now, it would be good that we create the how-to refering to the
thinks we need to know.
here are some examples:
- add a member to a project
- that person needs to create an account in Source Forge (see the
how to below)
- one of us have to add that person to the project (how to to be done)
- fine tune other thins in the Source Forge (scheck the website
http://sourceforge.net/projects/makumba/ and see what we can do...)
in this email you can find the 1st how-to. Anyone wants to do the next one?
maybe we can just put this how-to in mak.org in a page that is not
linked from the public website...
------ How to get an account in SourceForge ------=20
1. go to http://www.sf.net/
2. on the left side click in "New User via SSL"
3. Enter Your Details (password and email) + confirm email
4. Check your email, you should get a verification email within 24 hours
5. Click in the link that comes in the email
6. Complete the email verification (enter email and password)
7. Create the account (enter a username, name you want to be
displayed, language, time zone, choose if you want to receive email
from SourceForge about updates)
8. double check what you wrote and click "complete registration"
9. when you go to http://www.sf.net you can login by clicking in "Login via SSL"
SSL mode =3D secure (encrypted) mode, i.e., whatever you do in the
website goes throw the web encrypted.
--- how to handle the Makumba project
2. Click in "my sf.net" and look for the "makumba" project
or you can go directly to http://sourceforge.net/projects/makumba/