Help
dogeron
2005-10-29
2013-06-04
  • dogeron
    dogeron
    2005-10-29

Hi one and all,

Just trying to get my first installation of MailManager working on Centos4 on my laptop.

I have both zope(2.72) & postgres (7.4.8) installed and operating happily. The zope manager interface work just fine and I can psql to the postgres rdbms with no problems.

I can get to ZPsycopgDA and create a connecgtion called mailmanager - the test tab allows me to "select * from pg_languages" - so it looks good.

When I try to create a mailmanager instance it refuses to connect the database connection I've made. It returns error message 'The database connection mailmanager_db cannot be found." despite the database connection being called 'mailmanager'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

• Andrew Veitch
      Andrew Veitch
      2005-10-29

Go into the Zope Management Interface (ZMI) and add a 'Z Psycopg Database Connection' and call it 'mailmanager_db'

Let me know if that fixes it.

• dogeron
      dogeron
      2005-11-03

Thanks for the prompt response Andrew, I've managed to work out what I was doing wrong....suffice to say it was a "Doh!" moment.

I do still have 1 problem that I don't think is me as it's just pressing a button! The button in question is the "Deploy Test Data" under settings->Options->Test Data. When I use it I get an "Site Error" with the comment "An error was encountered while publishing this resource" then 2 entries  "Error Type: AttributeError" and "Error Value:ISO8601".
      Any thoughts?

Thanks.

• dogeron
      dogeron
      2005-11-04

Andrew,

This is the entry from the Zope error log - looks to me like a  date/time formatting problem, any ideas on how I resolve?

Thanks,

Time 2005/11/04 12:32:54.067 GMT
      User Name (User Id) manager (manager)
      Request URL http://10.16.36.38:8080/systems/setTestData
      Exception Type AttributeError
      Exception Value ISO8601

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
      Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
      Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
      Module Products.MailManager.MailManager, line 2024, in setTestData
      Module Products.MailManager.tests.classes.mmtestdata, line 66, in populateDataset
      Module Products.MailManager.tests.classes.mmtestdata, line 74, in populateTickets
      Module Products.MailManager.tests.classes.mmtestdata, line 189, in initTickets
      Module /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/Extensions/AccountPluggableBrain.py, line 155, in process
      Module /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/Extensions/AccountPluggableBrain.py, line 173, in process_addMsgToTicket
      Module Products.MailManager.MailManager, line 773, in addMessageToTicket
      Module DateTime.DateTime, line 1129, in __getattr__
      AttributeError: ISO8601

• Andrew Veitch
      Andrew Veitch
      2005-11-04

I've opened a bug on this (1348204). This is a problem in our documentation which currently says you can use Zope 2.7 or later. The ISO8601 method was only added to Zope on version 2.7.4.

However there are also problems with Zope's sessioning in that version so we would recommend that you use Zope 2.7.5 as a minimum.