Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

bug user-roles on mysql

Help
s_sbaiz
2005-09-28
2013-06-04
  • s_sbaiz
    s_sbaiz
    2005-09-28

    I found that I couldn't set user roles by the 'add user' and 'edit user' interfaces.
    Always checkboxes were cleared when saving preferences.

    I noticed that the three variables given to sql query scripts where 'string' variables instead of 'boolean'.

    I solved it adding the following lines in MailManager.py exactly before the lines
    with 'self.sql.addUser(...'
    and with 'self.sql.editUser(...':

            if tickets == 'true':
               tickets = self.sql_true
            else:
               tickets = self.sql_false
            if reports == 'true':
               reports = self.sql_true
            else:
               reports = self.sql_false
            if settings == 'true':
               settings = self.sql_true
            else:
               settings = self.sql_false

    I think this can be helpful.

    Regards,
    Simone

     
    • Kevin Campbell
      Kevin Campbell
      2005-09-28

      Simone,

      This might be fixed in rc2, which should be released this afternoon. If you could hold on to then, I'll make sure a tarball is published of this release.

      Regards,
      Kevin

       
    • s_sbaiz
      s_sbaiz
      2005-09-28

      Wonderful!
      What else will be fixed in rc2?
      What about multiple entries for each ticket?

      I'll wait for news.

      Thanks.

      Simone

       
    • Kevin Campbell
      Kevin Campbell
      2005-09-28

      Simone,

      That's rc2 published on sourceforge now. Could you please install and try out that version? You will need to do a migration as it changes how the SQL files are loaded from disk. This might fix one or of your issues, but if you can let me know which ones are outstanding, I'll get another test cycle done internally here with the MySQL backend.

      Regards,
      Kevin

       
    • s_sbaiz
      s_sbaiz
      2005-09-29

      Kevin,
      I started testing new 2.0.1rc2 version.

      I haven't found multiple entries in tickets listing, so this problem seems solved.

      On the other hand, I found old and new bugs:

      - psycopg dependancy persists in Extensions/TicketPluggableBrain.py

      - ISO8601 call haven't been removed from MailManager.py (but this can be only a problem of mine)

      - user-roles checkboxes bug haven't been fixed as I wrote in this topic.

      - some new update to AccountSettings.zpt make problems:
         -- None value of 'Default Response Target' doesn't work
         -- in MailManager.py lines with divmod(target, ... return errors because 'target' variable is not integer. 

      I keep going on testing.

      Regards,
      Simone