Update 1.1 RC4 Problem in Debian

2005-01-31
2013-06-04
  • Ron Goodwin
    Ron Goodwin
    2005-01-31

I used RC4 to replace the MailManager folder and when I restart Zope (2.6.4) I get the following errors:

Import Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 523, in import_product
        product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
      File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/__init__.py", line 10, in ?
        import MailManager
      File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/MailManager.py", line 18, in ?
        from ZPublisher.Iterators import filestream_iterator
    ImportError: No module named Iterators

Does this require a zope update?

Regards
    Ron

• Andrew Veitch
      Andrew Veitch
      2005-01-31

Ron -

You can just delete the offending import line from MailManager.py - that is:

from ZPublisher.Iterators import filestream_iterator

This is a Zope 2.7 feature that would've sped up the export, I removed the feature when we decided that this version would be Zope 2.6 compatible but forgot to remove the import.

We'll take the import out for the final release.

Andrew

• Ron Goodwin
        Ron Goodwin
        2005-01-31

Andrew,

After removing the line I get another error from the same line in Account.py, but removing this line starts another can of worms, raising error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 523, in import_product
            product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
          File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/__init__.py", line 10, in ?
            import MailManager
          File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/MailManager.py", line 35, in ?
            from Account import manage_addAccount
          File "/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/MailManager/Account.py", line 34, in ?
            import tarfile
        ImportError: No module named tarfile

Deleting this line allows MailManager to run, but is it safe to leave those lines out?

Ron

• Andrew Veitch
      Andrew Veitch
      2005-02-02

Ron -

This is now fixed in CVS so that MailManager will run fine under Zope 2.6.

I tried backport the tarfile.py package from Python 2.3 to Python 2.1 but unfortunately it was written using new style classes so it won't work.

So although MM now runs under Zope 2.6 you will not be able to use the new Export and Restore features - if you do MailManager will generate a friendly error message.

I'll do another (hopefully final!) release candidate tonight.

Andrew