Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Pb with smtp relay

olvi
2005-08-08
2013-06-04
  • olvi
    olvi
    2005-08-08

Hi

Great works. Congratulation to your team.

I have somme problem with smtp authentification when I use  the relay solution. The smtp server of my provider requires authentification in order to accept my emails.
    In mailmanager we can mention the password and username only for the pop server not for the smtp for outgoing emails.

I didn't find a way to modify this in Zope.
    I have checked that my provider accept relay with Centraview (crm software).It works.
    Please could you give me a solution in order to solve this problem. I have used mailmanager 1 and I don't remember having the same problem.

Thanks for your help

• Kevin Campbell
      Kevin Campbell
      2005-08-08

Hi there,

In order to use SMTP authentication you will need to use a replacement MailHost object which supports ESMTP auth. By default, MailManager uses the standard zope MailHost object, which does not support ESMTP. You can get an alternative Product from the following site, which will support authentication.

http://www.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/ESMTPMailHost

You will need to access the ZMI in order to replace this. You should remove the MailHost object under the MailManager instance, and replace it with an ESMTPMailHost object.

SMTP authentication was not included in MailManager 1.x at all, and the use of the MailHost object was only added in 2.0.

Regards,
      Kevin

--
      Kevin Campbell
      Software Engineer
      Logical Progression Ltd
      GPG Key: F480EC23

• olvi
      olvi
      2005-08-09

Hi Kevin,

It is really faster when we have the good information and good explanations.
      Thanks for your prompt answer.

I tried it but it still doesn't work (replace mailhost folder by the new one, replace the mailhost in the ZMI).

ID "MailHost"
      TITLE empty
      SMTP  "smtp.xxx.fr" (smtp of my provider)
      PORT 25
      SMTP userID "my email"
      SMTP password "my password"

results :
      Site Error
      An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

Error Type: AttributeError
      Error Value: smtp_userid

when I click on sendreply
      I will try again and verify all the configuration.
      THANKS

• olvi
      olvi
      2005-08-11

Hi Kevin,

Need more help

It still doesn't work with the EMSTP mailhost.

Please give me your opinion. Does my configuration is good? (my last post)

Thanks.

• Kevin Campbell
        Kevin Campbell
        2005-08-11

Hi again,

The error you are getting appears to be due to there being an existing MailHost object still under the MailManager instance. Go to the ZMI and have a look for any other MailHost objects and remove them. Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
        Kevin

--
        Kevin Campbell
        Software Engineer
        Logical Progression Ltd

• olvi
      olvi
      2005-08-16

Thanks for your help Kevin

I have tried with MAILMANAGER 1.1.2 and now it works fine.
      I do the same as for MAILMANAGER 2, nothing more.I can not say if the pb was due to Mailmanager 2, the database or my system.

I keep the 1.1.2 version.

Tell me if a french translation interest you.

Olivier

• Kevin Campbell
        Kevin Campbell
        2005-08-17

Olivier,

We would very much recommend that you move to MailManager 2.0. We are no longer doing development on 1.1.2, and we are unlikely to do any non critical bugfixes on that version. MailManager 1.1.2 will also have trouble scaling beyond a certain size of database, which is the one of the reasons for MailManager 2.0 using an SQL backend. Replacing the MailHost object should be sufficient to get ESMTP authentication. As I said in my previous post, the MailHost errors you were getting was due to legacy objects existing in the ZoDB, which need to be replaced, and this problem should be easy to resolve. Please let me know if I can help further on this.

As for a french translation, we were planning to commision a translation company to do the initial translation. Any assistance with this, or with maintaining the translation once it has been done, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
        Kevin
        --
        Kevin Campbell
        Software Engineer
        Logical Progression Ltd