Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
i recently tried to use the i18n system to get a greek translation.unfortunately allthough i changed the character sets to the iso-8859-7 which is the greek character set, i got only questionmarks.If the email have greek characters they are displayed correctly, i only have problems with the mailenable strings.Can you please explain me how the mailenable decides which .po file to use? thanks in advance,
Using UTF-8 should resolve this problem for you.
thanks in advance for your prompt response.The UTF-thingie doesn't work, i 've allready tried it.
Can you tell me which headers need ajustment ?
i am quoting from my .po to advice what to change:
"Project-Id-Version: MailManager 1.1\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2004-12-08 23:41+0000\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2004-12-10 23:11+0000\n"
"Last-Translator: Andrew Veitch <email@example.com>\n"
"Language-Team: MailManager Users <firstname.lastname@example.org>\n"
"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-7\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n"
"Preferred-Encodings:iso-8859-7 latin1 UTF-8\n"
MailManager decides which .po file to use based on what your web browser requests. If you are using a Greek web browser then it will probably request Greek language pages.
All you should need to do is add a mailmanager-gr.po file and restart Zope. You'll need to adjust the headers.
If you're having difficulty send us through the file and we'll take a look at it.
It would be great to have a Greek translation of MailManager.
These headers look fine to me.
Could you email the file as an attachment to email@example.com so that we can take a look at the encoding.
There have been quite a lot of questions about MailManager translation and i18n so I've added a document to our website about it: