Create New Ticket

Kevin Gill
2003-11-13
2003-12-22
  • Kevin Gill
    Kevin Gill
    2003-11-13

We have a small staff at two locations. Me at home and the rest in the office. We are using MailManager to control emails so that we know all the emails are actually processed.

I am pushing for getting more stuff onto the system. In particular, I think it would be a good idea to use the Create ticket function to track phone calls. Normally these are handled with someone ringing the office to say they can't log in. Its written on a postit and the next time I't talking to someone it might be mentioned.

The only drawback of using the create ticket, is that the from email confuses us. When trying it out we type in our own email, but that is not terribly logical.

Has anyone had any thoughts about this? I know that we would get used to it very quickly. I am interested in what other users are trying.

Am I looking for companion product 'PhoneManager'?

• Andrew Veitch
      Andrew Veitch
      2003-12-22

Right now we are focusing on getting a good solid 1.0 released - soon I promise! Then we've got quite a lot more to do - see the TODO file and the newly organised RFE section on SourceForge.

But later in 2004 we do need to look at how phonecalls and instant messaging are handled.