I've made some more progress on 0.3, but I want it to get a bit better before making a full 0.3 release.
Here's a current progress snapshot: http://hi.errai.net/~nicholas/magiclantern/TML_Player-0.3-pre2-bin.zip
* Opens testmovie.avi in the root of the first card (not filestream any more, GUI not included yet)
* Supports XviD or uncompressed video
* Supports uncompressed audio only
* Currently only recognises xvid/mpeg4 with a FourCC of 'XVID'
* A/V sync is only reliable with a framerate that evenly divides 100 (4, 5, 10, 20, 25, ...)
* May not correctly decode all avi files, the code isn't completly generic, and I've only tested files created with mencoder and VirtualDub
* Memory usage not optimised
Likely error codes:
3: out of memory
4: currently unsupported avi file
* Corrupt display on T3 with rotated screen
* A/V sync is bad unless you obey above rule