Since Sam has moved the WPA branch back into head, my patch on ad-hoc
mode is no longer valid.
I added to
void ieee80211_create_ibss(struct net_device* dev, struct ieee80211channel *chan)
code to fix the BSSID to the same value, for all nodes.
And, adhoc worked - I could ping nodes etc.
I did have to change ieee80211_node_leave() in net80211/ieee80211_node.c,
as it gnerated kernel oops otherwise.
New code is below.
yes, yes, yes, I know this non standard. However, doing this provides some
insight as to what is outstanding to make adhoc mode work.
* Handle bookkeeping for station deauthentication/disassociation
* when operating as an ap.
ieee80211_node_leave(struct ieee80211com *ic, struct ieee80211_node *ni)
KASSERT(((ic->ic_opmode == IEEE80211_M_HOSTAP) || (ic->ic_opmode == IEEE80211_M_IBSS)),
("(not in ap mode) or (not in adhoc) mode, mode %u", ic->ic_opmode));
Derek Smithies Ph.D. This PC runs pine on linux for email
IndraNet Technologies Ltd. If you find a virus apparently from me, it has
Email: derek@... forged the e-mail headers on someone else's machine
ph +64 3 365 6485 Please do not notify me when (apparently) receiving a
Web: http://www.indranet-technologies.com/ windows virus from me......