Attached is my combo patch with a number of enhancements and bug fixes to
the 2004-11-07 status of the driver.
The patches do 5 things:
1. Fix the reporting of signal strength in kismet. Maybe it's kismet that
should be fixed instead, but here's a fix to madwifi that works for me. (I
previously posted this to the madwifi-users list with a bunch of
explanations for why this works.)
2. Add a lockslottime sysctl, which if non-zero locks the slot time to the
value set in the slottime sysctl. If lockslottime is zero (the default and
old behavior) there are certain events that can reset the slottime to 9us
or 20us. The lockslottime feature is useful for long distance links.
3. Add the setting of lockslottime to the athctrl tool. Reset the lock if
the distance requested is 0.
4. Fixes a number of oddities in ath_beacon_config regarding the beacon
timing. It fixes the beacon interval so it's as close to 100ms as possible
and makes sure that the HAL_BEACON_RESET_TSF flag that is added to
bs.bs_intval is not used in calculations further down.
5. Add a read-only perfrx sysctl which has the rssi of the last 30 received
beacons (the first value on the line is the time since boot in
milliseconds). This is useful for performance measurements independent of
transmitted data, retransmissions, or bitrate changes. I will be posting
code to collect and analyze the data soon.
Ok, I hope this is useful.