Help
Makuta
2010-10-29
2013-04-23
  • Makuta
    Makuta
    2010-10-29

Hi:
    First of all, I want to thank for the great UI! I recently installed Eclipse 3.6.1. The application comes up fine but the file menu bar is missing from the application. Reverting back to the stock Ubuntu theme brings back the file menu bar in the application again.

Thanks

• Serg
    Serg
    2010-10-29

i think u need to use gnome-global-menu instead application-menu-applet. i had same problem with aptana studio

• Makuta
    Makuta
    2010-10-29

Sorry that it might be a silly question - I am a newbie. How do I switch to gnome-global-menu?

Thanks

• Serg
    Serg
    2010-10-29

right click on applet which show to you menu from your application on gnome-panel and click "remove from panel". then install gnome-global-menu (http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/) and right click on gnome-panel again, select "add to panel" in window choose gnome-global-menu-applet and click "add"

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

• Makuta
    Makuta
    2010-10-30

Thanks Iosoft. The link that you have provided to workaround the issue worked. FYI, I could not find the GlobalMenu for Ubuntu 10.10.

• Serg
    Serg
    2010-10-31

losoft, yes i do. i dont like application-menu-applet

•  bitu-derr
    bitu-derr
    2010-11-22

I got the Global Menu (not the Canonical version) to work via this blog post:
    http://spliceosome.deviantart.com/art/Firefox-with-Global-Menu-185989063

I couldn't get it to work at first, but then I realized I needed the 64 bit XPI file mentioned toward the bottom of the first page of replies. The first mentioned XPI file must be 32 bit.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 and gnome-applet-globalmenu 0.7.9 (using the Lucid repos on the apt lines in Synaptic) on Maverick 64 bit.

• Anonymous
    2011-09-18

Hi,

I've just installed MacBuntu on Maverick, it's wonderful, but my Eclipse looks horrible especially its toolbar background color which is not in sync and all of it's Alt+ shortcut is not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Setya