1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-08-15

Found a bug?

• ROBIN CHUANG
    ROBIN CHUANG
    2010-08-21

I'm a new ubuntuer in China, when I change the system language into Simplify Chinese after installing this theme, I realize that the":" became something I never seen before. After google, I knew that because the Lucida Grande font, after i updated it newest, it shows normal, so i think you can change the font into newest, thanks.

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-08-21

Right, I have not tested this font for other alphabets. However, when I switched to Chinese Simplified everything looks fine.
    Can you confirm that Lucida Sans Unicode display correctly? Fonts are visually identical but it is unicode. Font is delivered with the package Macbuntu.

Thx

•  aaron
    aaron
    2010-09-28

The global menu makes a mess with Eclipse menu. Sometimes menu items can be prompted correctly. Sometimes some of them have the same name for example 2 or 3 "Help" menu items appearing at the same time.

•  aaron
    aaron
    2010-09-28

when there is not enough space for the global menu in the up panel, the menu will be a mass, not just for eclipse menu.

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-10-01

Hi,
    the Global Menu works fine to me - Macbuntu-10.04, but there is problem with Application Menu (AppMenu) applet (Macbuntu-10.10).

Application Menu will replace the Global Menu in Ubuntu 10.10, if there Global Menu wll not been prepared for.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu
    https://launchpad.net/indicator-appmenu

Unfortunately, it is still under construction and there is some bugs a fix  for Eclipse menu is already prepared and probably will appear soon.

•  aaron
    aaron
    2010-10-02

conflict with ibus-gtk. After installing Macbuntu, once I want to reinstall my ibus, there will be no longer able to select input method from the ibus preference dialogue, even you have installed required ibus engines.

•  aaron
    aaron
    2010-10-02

I can fix the bug only buy uninstall macbuntu first, then install ibus, then reinstall macbuntu.

•  aaron
    aaron
    2010-10-07

/home/aaron/.themes/Macbuntu/gtk-2.0/nautilus-tweaks.rc:72: error: unexpected keyword `engine', expected string constant

•  aaron
    aaron
    2010-10-07

macbuntu 10.10 alpha, ubuntu candidate release:

/home/aaron/.themes/Macbuntu/gtk-2.0/nautilus-tweaks.rc:72: error: unexpected keyword `engine', expected string constant

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-10-07

Thx, this bug was corrected.
    v2.3 will be released in a few days.

ibus-gtk,
    I made some tests and everything is fine. Can you say something more, it's possible that I do not understand the bug.

• The Transmission BitTorrent Client icon is not appearing on the bar.
    The options for Empathy, how to send file or upload video, does not open.
    Device menu appears in qt, but are inactive.

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-10-13

I check it, thanks. 10.10 right?

• Yes!

• losoft, Most programs on the menu, are showing up with a question mark (?)
    in place of the icon.

in Ubuntu 10.10

• William Pabon
    William Pabon
    2010-10-18

I installed macbuntu on my 10.04 LTS release and it works beautifully. I have one small problem, though. The second icon at the bottom of the display (File Manager), I still need to familiarize how to call this area, is not working. No problem accessing File Manager via menu. Just need to know how to fix this. I'm sure it is simple. Thank you.
    wp

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-10-18

@deusr: Most programs on the menu, are showing up with a question mark (?)

There is a bug in Application Menu (indicator-appmenu),

• William Pabon
    William Pabon
    2010-10-24

I tried on my machine Comment 5 for bug 511511 from Kevin Mauser; didn't work for me. Double checked that the nautilus-browser.desktop file was identical to the one he shows on comment #9. One comment tough. If I open the file browser by other means, then the docky icon works for minimizing and opening again.
    wp

• William Pabon
    William Pabon
    2010-10-24

deusr:
    Can't connect to the url given. Get an error in connection.
    wp

• williepabon:
    Sorry, server problem, but now is back to normal!

• William Pabon
    William Pabon
    2010-10-25

deusr:

Thanks. that workaround solved the problem. Now the icon works right!
    wp

• William Pabon
    William Pabon
    2010-10-29

Don't know if this is the right place for this one. Please advise. In the last few days my macbuntu installation is randomly not loading the window borders and tools (borders, min, max, close buttons) when I boot the computer. So, when I open an application it stays locked in one position, can't be moved, minimized, etc.  To solve the problem, I have to reboot the machine until the windows appear again. Please, advise if there is a solution. Thanks.
    wp

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-10-29

It is possible that compiz settings are corrupted. After boot, when the window frame disappears, do the following command:
    nohup compiz -replace &

You can try to reset Compiz settings to default profile, open CompizConfig Settings Manager, go to Preferences and reset profile to default values by pressing "Reset to default".

Terminal way:
    nohup metacity -replace > /dev/null &
    gconftool-2 -recursive-unset /apps/compiz
    nohup compiz -replace >/dev/null &

Here is my Compiz profile if you want to restore default Macbuntu settings, works on Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10:
    http://www.losoft.org/blog/download/macbuntu/compiz-profile.tar.gz

You can always move the window using Alt key and mouse

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)