Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

support for 10.10 Maverick Meerkat?

Glen Rowe
2010-09-15
2013-04-23
  • Glen Rowe
    Glen Rowe
    2010-09-15

Im looking for support for 10.10  Maverick Meerkat…. will this version work on 10.10 yet?  will there be a different distribution for 10.10?

g

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-09-16

Hi,

In Ubuntu 10.10 Beta it is not posible to modify Plymouth themes and unable to install of the Global Menu. Alternative Application Menu applet is unstable.

It is possible that in this weekend I will prepare a Alpha version dedicated to the Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat.
    First Beta will appear as Global Menu will be available or Application Menu stable.

• Glen Rowe
    Glen Rowe
    2010-09-17

thanks.  I will look for it and give it a try.  Ill post appropiate feedback.

• Glen Rowe
    Glen Rowe
    2010-09-20

I see the 10.10 out there and I was going to give it a try and post some feedback.  I see the files are "loose" and not in a single archive.  Can you make a single file archive sir?  (or are the not ready yet?)

g

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-09-20

Alpha is already available, you can test it. Sorry, tiring weekend ;)

• Jan Komadowski
    Jan Komadowski
    2010-09-20

To uninstall type

$ cd ~/.macbuntu/Maverick-2.3/ && ./uninstall.sh

• Glen Rowe
    Glen Rowe
    2010-09-21

installed and went seemless.  Although I didnt have any external repositories or software installed.  It was 10.10 straight. 

Quickie testing looks good.   Compared to 10.04 it seems snappier to me.  (dell lattitude d830, intergrated nvidia).

will post anything I find at alll….

LOVE THE PRODUCT!!!!. now I dont have to buy my wife a mac.
    g

• Some problems found in the alpha version 2.3 with Ubuntu 10.10:

- It appears the logo of the MAC system startup, ubuntu appears 10.10;
    - When Rhythmbox is open, the icon will not appear on the bar;
    - When the Transmission is open, the icon will not appear on the bar.

• Glen Rowe
    Glen Rowe
    2010-10-05

I downloaded and installed fresh 10.10 RC and v2.3 macbuntu, patched OS fully as of 10/5/2010 8:45am CST.  i saw…

- It appears the logo of the MAC system startup, ubuntu appears 10.10; - yes I see that also.

- When Rhythmbox is open, the icon will not appear on the bar; - The Rhythmbox  icon shows docked on the bar as its supposed to, and when  the app is open it still appears.  Lauches normally and everything, could not repliate the issue.

- When the Transmission is open, the icon will not appear on the bar. - Transmission icon shows up on when lauched as normal, and when Transmission is closed it goes away.  Could not repliate the issue here.

aside from the logo at bootup it looked good to me.
    g

• Glen Rowe
    Glen Rowe
    2010-10-05

repliate = replicate :)

• William Pabon
    William Pabon
    2012-03-29

I'm running macbuntu 10.04 on my 10.04 LTS that has a 11.10 kernel and it runs fine. My question is, is there any advantage to upgrade to macbuntu 10.10?