Help
Mac S
2008-12-23
2012-10-08
  • Mac S
    Mac S
    2008-12-23

Hi infra red dude,

i love the mac4lin theme. thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into it!

i've been playing around with it, and decided that i like the graphite theme best, but i wanted to modify how the vertical scroll bar behaves in this theme. I like having the up arrow above the trough and the down arrow below the trough, unlike the "authentic" Mac style of having both arrows below the trough. Can you give me some suggestions on how I can tweak the graphite theme to achieve this? i've been searching for a configuration file that might contain this detail but i keep coming up short.

thanks!

• Sure, mail me if you haf any specific queries.

Merry Christmas to you too and Happy Holidays :)

• Peng Hardin
      Peng Hardin
      2008-12-23

I'm not sure what you can tweak, but you can check out other OSX-like themes for one you like.

• @Peng
      I think he means the GTK theme.

@Mac S
      Of corz you can tweak the theme. Just grab Mac4Lin ver.0.4 and extract the Graphite GTK theme. Unpack the archive and head to gtk-2.0/Scrollbar folder. There you will see a few pixmaps. You need to replace these pixmaps with the ones in Mac4Lin ver.1.0 RC1 Graphite GTK theme. This is only the graphic part. You also need to tell the Desktop Environment where to place these graphics. So open gtk-2.0/gtkrc file in 0.4 and find the entries for Scrollbar. Put these pieces of code in gtk-2.0/gtkrc file of version 1.0 RC1. I hope I didn't confuse you!

If you wanna learn GTK then I suggest you thru any of the gtkrc files. This is where the code for the UI is. The code is complemented by relevant pixmaps.

• Mac S
        Mac S
        2008-12-24

Thank you for the suggestion! That sounds perfect. I've no experience with gtk but it sounds very intuitive. I'll check in again in a few days and report how it goes :)

Merry Christmas!
        MacS

• Peng Hardin
        Peng Hardin
        2008-12-23

Woops. I think you're right. Sorry about that.