Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Tabs square instead of round

Help
2008-11-22
2012-10-08
  • pickarooney
    pickarooney
    2008-11-22

When I installed Mac4Lin on my laptop I got a nice rounded tab effect in windows such as 'Appearance Preferences' but on my dekstop the tabs are all ugly and square, like in the explanatory PDF. I can't think what I did differently. The AWN panel is also anthracite grey instead of the lighter grey on my laptop and the fonts do not really look Mac-like on the desktop either, despite configuring them in the same way. Also, the text in most control buttons (they're horrible little oval things) overlaps the borders.
    I'll take some screenshots to clarify if this is not a common issue.

• Hey nobody ever complained about it since long!! Anywyas, what I'm trying to do now is stick in Aqua like tabs. If I'm able to do it then you haf nothing to complain about :P If not, then sorry.. we are out of luck! Again, you can help me build smooth tabs.. thats anyday possible ;)

• Peng Hardin
        Peng Hardin
        2008-11-24

lol I wasn't complaining, infra. I'll see what I can do about helping there once we get the the folder icon issue resolved.

• Peng Hardin
      Peng Hardin
      2008-11-22

Yes, please take a couple of screenies to help me understand what your issue is. I'm not sure what the issue with the square tabs could be but hopefully Anirudh will have a suggestion.

You may want to try turning on the Subpixel Smoothing (LCD) on System > Preferences > Appearance to see if it helps your fonts.

As far as the AWN colors go you may want to check which theme is enabled.

• As Hardin said, screenshots would surely help :)

• Peng Hardin
        Peng Hardin
        2008-11-22

Just an FYI, but I didn't notice that my tabs are squared rather than rounded. Screenshots are in the 1.0 docs, although I can provide a different one if needed. Any idea what could be causing this, Anirudh?

• Ok, I think I know what this user is talking about. All the horizontal tabs are square while all the vertical tabs are rounded. This is how its been in Mac4Lin all the while :)

• Peng Hardin
      Peng Hardin
      2008-11-24

I thought so, infra. Do we have a fix on the horizon or is that one of those fixes that will be a pain in the rear to track down a fix for?