Problems with Intrepid and GTK

2008-10-14
2012-10-08
  • Luca  Farinelli
    Luca Farinelli
    2008-10-14

Hi,
    after the installation of the theme, i have this problem:

"This theme will not look as intended because the required GTK+ theme engine" is not installed"

How can i solve this problem?
    I used Intrepid Ibex.
    Thanks,

Luca

• Tito López
      Tito López
      2008-11-10

The problem is that there is a line in gtkrc with an empty engine.
      engine=""
      Replace the empty string by pixmap and you will see no more warnings.

• Peng Hardin
        Peng Hardin
        2008-11-10

Thanks for posting this, titlopez. I made the change, verified that it worked, and sent the updated files to infra.

• Thats great! Thanks guys. Your contribution is much appreciated! :)

• You need to install the gtk2-pixbuf engine. Search in synaptic/apt for the package and install it.

• Martin Fisher
      Martin Fisher
      2008-10-31

I have the same problem but gtk2-engines-pixbuf is already installed. I reinstalled and reinstalled mac4lin but no joy. Any other ideas?
      With thanks.

• jon rasius
        jon rasius
        2008-10-31

Same problem. Package gtk2-pixbuf-engines was installed by Intrepid distro before I installed Mac4Lin rc1.

• OK, this is confirmed. Looks like the GTK2 Pixmap engine is messed up in Intrepid. We'll look into this.

• mafia spidey
      mafia spidey
      2008-11-01

so then,

I won't upgrading to 8.10 until this fixed. I can't use any other themes than this.

• jon rasius
        jon rasius
        2008-11-02

It is not that bad that you should necessarily wait until it is fixed. Several minor glitches do not affect the overall functionality.

• mafia spidey
      mafia spidey
      2008-11-03

i agree.

but, one reason I moved from windows so that I don't have to compromise. I will wait till I hear this theme is perfectly running in 8.10 or even better than 8.04 (lets hope)