Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Acer Orbicam m5602

2008-06-01
2013-03-08
  • Eduardo Vela
    Eduardo Vela
    2008-06-01

Hi

I have an acer orbicam,  0402:5602..
    The drivers are not working, but I would like to make them work =), is there anyway I can help the project?

• Erik Andrén
      Erik Andrén
      2008-06-05

Have you tried the m5602-s5k83a branch? It should work with your camera.
      Anyway, it's better to use the mailinglist m560x-driver-devel@sourceforge.net than to post to this forum.

Regards,
      Erik

• Eduardo Vela
      Eduardo Vela
      2008-06-05

thank's I've suscribed to driver-devel and sent a mail.. (anyway, it hasn't appeared on the website's index yet).

Greetz!!

• Tried using the m5602-s5k83a on an acer orbicam and now i cant see the camera in lsusb is it possible that the driver REALLY broke something?

I realises that i took the chance when i installed alpha software not your fault if it did happen, just want to try and get to the bottom of it because it was running ok in kopete (well very dark) but then completly went.

• Erik Andrén
        Erik Andrén
        2008-06-16

The event that the driver broke the camera is _very_ unlikely.
        Make sure you haven't deactivated the camera. Many laptops have hotkeys (check for alternative prints on the F1 - F12 characters), which can be activated/deactivated by pushing the fn-key and a F-key.

• Charlie Newey
      Charlie Newey
      2008-07-11

I have an Acer Orbicam too! Where, if anywhere, is the source code for this driver? I'm a bit lost. x]