Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Incorrect result (site bugged)

Help
julien
2010-06-17
2013-01-02
  • julien
    julien
    2010-06-17

Hello, i'm trying to set LXR to index a CVS project.

I'm using Apache2 and Swish-e as indexer. My linux is Fedora Core 13.
    I've installed (normally) all the packages mentionned in the INSTALL file.

I'm at the last part, opening the result with firefox. But i only see the template, nothing about my sources, and the site is bugged.
    Here are the errors :

1) A reccurent error in the Apache log occurs each time i do an action on the site, this error is:
    >> File does not exist: /var/www/html/home, referer: http://127.0.0.1/lxr/search?a=alpha;string=

2) Clicking the "Identifier Search" button results in the page "Internal Server Error and add the following line in the error log of Apache:
    >>  Global symbol "$release" requires explicit package name at /home/jpl/LXR_Installs/lxr-0.9.8/ident line 52

3) The general search for file works and gives the source file from my project, but when i click on them, it open a page saying the file does not exit.

I've tried a lot of tweak, maybe i'm misunderstanding something in the docs … but i have no more idea after searching the log in google etc.

Some help would be very appreciated … !

Julien

• julien
    julien
    2010-06-17

I've forgotten to say that i'm using LXR v0.9.8.

• kumaresh a
    kumaresh a
    2010-08-23

I hit the same problem with 0.9.8.
    open ident file in your lxr install directory. Replace two occurrences of $release with $releaseid. Now I am stuck with this
    fatal: ModPerl::ROOT::ModPerl::RegistryPrefork::usr_local_lxr_lxr_2d0_2e9_2e8_ident, line 52: Can't locate object method "getindex" via package "LXR::Index::Postgres" at /usr/local/lxr/lxr-0.9.8/ident line 52.

Any help would be appreciated..

• Anonymous
    2010-08-23

Ah! found the bug. here is the solution:
    open <your lxr directory>/ident
    Make the following changes:
    replace line #89 with

my @uses = $index->symreferences($identifier, $releaseid);

replace line #52 with

my @refs = $index->symdeclarations($identifier, $releaseid);

My configuration:
    v0.9.8
    apache2 + modperl2
    postgresql (guess this should also do fine with oracle or mysql)

To Authors of lxr: Kindly verify the changes and do comment.

• Anonymous
    2010-08-23

Still clicking the  option does not show up a textbox :(
    But clicking on a symbol in source navigation works.

• Anonymous
    2010-08-23

ignore last report. Clearing browser cache brought the identifier search text box :)