Menu

error message in SimpleParse.pm

2001-10-27
2001-12-27
  • Fernando Martins

Hi!

After installing DBI I run genxref script and after quite some messages about indexation being done, I get the following error:

--- /plugins/picts/picts_plugin.c 4
    Can't call method "getline" on an undefined value at lib/LXR/SimpleParse.pm line 97.

If I run genxref again, it proceeds and gets stuck in the next file, and so on.

Any hints?

Also, is there a proper procedure to clean the indexation data and restart in a clean way?

Thanks,

Fernando

• Shree

Shree - 2001-12-27

I guess the reply is very  late. Maybe you have it working already...

About the "SimpleParse" problem:

I was trying to get LXR 0.9 working on Windows 2000/Apache and after some looking around, I was able to solve the problem.

To generate references to identifiers, LXR creates some temporary files in the /tmp directory. In all probability, you are trying to get LXR working on Windows. So it is likely that you don't have a /tmp directory in whichever drive you ran genxref from. Create it & it will work.

About cleanup:

It might be possible to write a query [if you are using MySQL as the backend] to do the cleanup - but since I am currently experimenting, I find it easier to just run initdb-mysql again !

Hope this helps.

- Shree Kumar